The Town of Provost is seeking an individual for the position of Finance Officer/Assistant CAO. This person will be responsible for, planning, and coordination of the Town’s financial, human resource and IT services.
You will be working in a vibrant small town with many amenities including the Arena (with fitness centre & walking track), Outdoor Pool, Curling rink, Bowling Centre, Skateboard park, Ball diamonds, Soccer fields, parks, Walking Trail and Playgrounds; there are many lakes within a short drive that you can enjoy spending your summer leisure time at. We are located in east central Alberta close to the Saskatchewan border, less than one hour from Wainwright and a little more than one hour from Lloydminster. Oil & Gas along with Agriculture are the backbone of the local economy. There are many other attractions which draw people and business to our great area!
Under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer, this position is responsible for:
- Providing financial services leadership, advice and guidance to Council, CAO and Department Heads.
- Preparing the annual operating and capital budgets, the long-term capital, as well as other financial plans and forecasts.
- Developing and implementing financial controls to ensure the integrity of records for all financial and accounting function, including recommendations for system enhancements.
- Preparing and implementing short and long-term goals and objectives to ensure that Department financial policies and practices are consistent with the Corporate Strategic Plan.
- Ensuring compliance with the Municipal Government Act, statutory requirements, Council policies and the Corporate Strategic Plan.
- Managing investment portfolio, banking relationships and reserves.
- Filling in for the CAO in their absence.
As a key player in our team you will have the following qualifications:
- Accredited accounting designation or significant municipal finance experience
- Minimum of 5 years supervisory/management experience.
- Clear understanding of all municipal operations and devotion to public service
- CLGM designation would be considered an asset but not necessary
- Competencies with computer software programs including Microsoft Office, and other financial software.
- Experience with IT management
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation abilities
A complete Job description will be provided upon request.
Interested parties may submit their resume & cover letter with references and salary expectation to:
Town of Provost
P.O. Box 449
Provost AB, T0B 3S0