The Town strives for a culture focused on our values of being dedicated, helpful and knowledgeable. Serving the busy Queen Elizabeth II and Highway 27 corridor, our dedicated paid on call fire department serves a population base of approximately 25,000 people by providing fire and emergency services to the Town of Olds and parts of Mountain View County. In 2018, Olds Fire Department responded to 395 calls. These calls involved many different situations such as structure fires, grass fires, motor vehicle collisions and medical assists. The department is also responsible for the inspections of new and existing buildings to ensure compliance with the Alberta Fire Code and sections of the Alberta Building Code related to life safety.
The Town of Olds invites applications for a full-time Fire Prevention Officer – Inspector. Reporting to the Fire Chief, the Fire Prevention Officer is responsible for the implementation of the Town of Olds Quality Management Plan (QMP) – Fire. The QMP relates to building inspections and plan review to ensure compliance with the Alberta Fire and Building Codes to help protect the health and safety of the people in our community. This position will also act as a Fire Investigator, in dollar lose fires where the cause of the fire needs to be investigated and reported to the Office of the Fire Commissioner. The Fire Prevention Officer works closely with the Fire Chief on the implementation and daily operation of the QMP and will take action and make recommendations on how to ensure that its mandate is maintained.
- • Grade 12 or equivalent
- • Certification as an Alberta SCC Group B, Level 1 Fire Inspector (preferred Group B level 2)
- • Certification as an Alberta SCC Group C Level 2 Fire Investigator
- • National Fire Protection Association 1031 certification
- • National Fire Protection Association 1033 certification
- • Previous experience as a Fire Inspector in Alberta or similar field
- • Post-Secondary courses related to the Fire Discipline are an asset
- • 2 years’ experience in a fire department, volunteer or full time preferred.
- • Valid Alberta Class 5 driver’s license
Compensation is based on a 40 hour work week. Compensation includes benefits. A detailed job description including specific qualifications can be found on the Town of Olds website at www.olds.ca
Town of Olds
4512 46 St
Olds, AB T4H 1R5