The Municipal District of Bonnyville (www.md.bonnyville.ab.ca) is located in the northeastern part of the Province of Alberta. Embedded within the boundary of the MD is the City of Cold Lake, the Town of Bonnyville, the Summer Villages of Bonnyville Beach, Pelican Narrows, Metis Settlements of Elizabeth and Fishing Lake, and Cold Lake First Nation.
The population of the Municipal District is estimated at 13,500 residents. The MD office is located in the Town of Bonnyville which is approximately 240 kms NE of Edmonton along Highway #28. Predominant industries influencing the MD include agriculture, forestry, oil and gas/energy, utilities, and recreation. The Canadian Forces Base ‘Cold Lake’ is located just southwest the City of Cold Lake, Alberta. It is operated as an air force base by the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) and is one of two bases in the Canada that stations the CF-18 Hornet fighter.
In addition to Cold Lake, the largest lake within the MD, there are several other lakes and camping sites and recreation amenities managed by the MD and the Province of Alberta.
The Foreman (Roads) works within the MD’s Transportation and Infrastructure Department and reports to the Manager of Transportation. There are approx. 2,400 kms of roads and 120 bridges. The position will directly be responsible for the construction and maintenance of the road systems and bridges within the municipality. This role includes the supervision of assigned staff, projects / contracts, and responding to concerns and inquiries from residence and Council. Emphasis given to possessing and applying technical experience and skills relevant to roads, bridges,and drainage.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS
- Minimum of five (5) years practical hands-on road maintenance experience (within a municipality would be an asset).
- Hold a valid Alberta driver’s license (or eligible for transfer).
- Prior involvement in infrastructure construction, operations and maintenance with respect to township roads, streets, sidewalks, bridges, storm sewers, trails, drainage systems, and other utilities.
- Strong communications skills.
- Experience conducting on-site inspections of road, drainages and other transportation assets.
- Provide support to and work with other staff and contractors.
- May support the development of work schedules.
- Ensure compliance with municipal, OH&S, and WCB safety standards and regulations.
- Ability to accept and assist with issues, complaints and inquiries from the public and maintain good public relations.
Compensation and terms of employment will be commensurate upon experience and skills. Candidates will undergo background, education, and credential checks. Drug and Alcohol testing maybe required as a condition of employment.
In compliance and consistent with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA"), HumanEdge shall respect the privacy and confidentiality of all personal information provided directly or indirectly verbally, electronically or in print in the process of engaging with candidates in our search assignments.
This document may be subject to change.