The Town of Morinville is a growing community on the doorstep of Metro Edmonton. Developed on a foundation of rich heritage and culture spanning 100+ years, it offers an excellent quality of life with convenient access to all nearby big city amenities while retaining the characteristics of a vibrant and flourishing centre for the surrounding rural community.
The Administration of the Town of Morinville prides itself on building on the rich heritage in creating a lasting legacy for Morinville, and does so with service, integrity, and commitment at the heart of our work. We are seeking a full time General Manager, Administrative Services who will lead a division delivering such a legacy, as we enter an exciting time of transformation and change. As a member of the Executive Leadership Team, the General Manager, Administrative Services provides visionary, strategic and operational leadership for the overall planning, organization, direction and integration provision of all administrative services including Finance, IT/IM, Human Resources, Planning and Economic Development, Communications and Legislative Services. With five direct reports and a complete staff team of 30, the postholder will also have regular interactions with regional municipal partners, the Government of Alberta, agencies, and the Government of Canada.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Acting as a member of the Executive Leadership team, they are responsible for the provision of Administrative Services (Finance, IT/IM, Human Resources, Planning and Economic Development, Communications and Legislative Services) with and organizational performance perspective, acting as a key advisor and strategist for the CAO and Council regarding corporate issues such as: strategic planning, financial planning, business planning, economic development and planning, workforce development planning and policy development. They also act as a mentor and resource to Managers and to all other management in the organization.
- Acting as a key advisor to the CAO, Council, Council Boards and Committees on administrative service matters.
- Ensuring that appropriate and timely strategic and annual planning occurs in all areas of Administrative Services to align with the Corporate Strategic Plan, the Infrastructure and Community Services Strategy and business plans, the Municipal Sustainability Plan, within approved departmental and Corporate approved operating and capital budgets, while striving to best meet the needs identified by the Community.
- Coordinate the departmental business and strategic planning process that ensures appropriate staff, committee and public input is provided as needed to ensure consistency with overall corporate planning processes.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of department objectives for Administrative Services to ensure they align with corporate initiatives and plans to strive for maximized service delivery within established and approved financial parameters.
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in areas such as Management, Commerce, Planning or other Administrative focus is required.
- A Masters level degree in Business, Finance, Human Resources or similar administrative area is preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience at a senior level management position.
- Demonstrated experience in at least one of the areas covered by Administrative Services.
- Demonstrated human resource management and supervision experience including staff recruitment, performance management, and coaching.
Compensation: Annual Salary Range of $159,501—190,453 (7 Step Grid) based on a 35 hour work week. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Pension, Professional Development opportunities along with a supportive work environment.
Please submit resumes by the above noted deadline; however, resumes will be accepted until the position has been filled.
The Town of Morinville thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit applications quoting “COMP #202103-GMAS” to:
Town of Morinville
Morinville, AB T8R 1L6