Ste. Anne County is seeking a qualified General Manager of Corporate Services. As a member of the senior management team, the General Manager of Corporate Services directs the overall operation of the legislative, finance, communications, human resources, and information technologies departments, and is the direct supervisor of the managers of these departments.
The General Manager of Corporate Services is responsible for overseeing a range of corporate services, including all financial services, property assessment, IT, payroll, assessment and taxation. The General Manager will also be required to: participate in policy development and strategic planning; ensure proper administration of financial affairs of the County; provide fiscal support for the County; foster cooperative working relationships with County Council and represent the County in dealings with public officials from other jurisdictions, representatives of private industry, and members of the general public.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Post-secondary education in accounting, finance, municipal administration or a related field, combined with a professional accounting designation.Significant experience or progress towards the designation may be considered for otherwise qualified candidates
- Minimum of 5 years relevant and related work experience in municipal finance, preferably in a senior management role and leading in a team environment.
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, and techniques relating to accounting and finance, especially as it relates to the Municipal Government Act, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, and Public Sector Accounting Guidelines
- Ability to plan, develop, coordinate, implement and evaluate finance and accounting programs and strategies
- Well-developed interpersonal and public speaking skills, along with an ability to communicate complex and technical information in a straightforward manner
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- High proficiency in relevant computer applications
- Flexibility of hours, due to occasional overtime, attendance at meetings, and other county activities
- Attention to detail, solid problem solving, and advanced analytical skills
- Strong initiative and leadership qualities
Key Areas of Responsibility and Expectations
Reporting directly to the County Manager, the General Manager of Corporate Services is responsible for:
- Filling the role of the County’s chief financial officer and signatory and directing all accounting functions
- Working closely with the County Manager, County Council, department managers, public and private organizations, and citizen groups in the development and implementation of programs and projects
- Planning and directing the financial affairs of the County
- Organizing and directing the Finance Department
- Directing and coordinating the preparation of a variety of informational and financial reports and presentations for County Council, boards and staff
- Effectively managing assigned department personnel, as well as evaluating and analyzing departmental issues, recommending and implementing solutions, and participating in the interview and hiring process
- Ensuring that all aspects of risk management, insurance, administration office security, financial asset security, cellular communications and worker’s compensation reporting are addressed within the departments of Corporate Services
- Keeping confidential all information that is obtained in the course of employment with Lac Ste. Anne County
The General Manager of Corporate Services will also fulfill any other duties assigned by the County Manager (CAO) or as required to meet the obligations of this position.
The County provides a competitive compensation package commensurate with the successful candidate`s experience and education.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity please forward your resume to Kathryn Kerr at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be considered as they are received. This opportunity will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.