The Town of Ponoka is seeking a temporary full-time General Manager (GM) of Corporate Services to provide visionary and strategic leadership to the Corporate Services Division of the Town.
Nestled in the beautiful Battle River Valley, the Town of Ponoka is a thriving and welcoming community. We are centrally located along the Highway 2 corridor, just 45 minutes south of the Edmonton International Airport. Home to more than 7,000 people, Ponoka is a growing community that offers many urban amenities and affordable, quality living all in a picturesque, rural setting. Ponoka boasts about 10 km of paved walking trails that wind along the banks of the Battle River – the perfect escape for morning or afternoon jog surrounded by nature. Ponoka is the proud home of the Ponoka Stampede, Canada’s largest 7-day pro rodeo. We are also home to the internationally-recognized Centennial Centre for Mental Health and Brain Injury, a state-of-the-art treatment and rehabilitation centre for people with mental illness, addiction and brain injury.
The Town of Ponoka employs about 80 full-time and casual staff who are committed to providing quality services and responsive customer service to our citizens.
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), and working collaboratively with the Senior Management Team (SMT), the GM of Corporate Services participates in establishing corporate direction and achieving corporate goals and objectives. The GM of Corporate Services leads a diverse team in the delivery of services to Ponoka citizens and other stakeholders (both internal and external) to meet Town Council’s strategic goals and objectives.
The GM of Corporate Services leads the development and implementation of policies and programs to ensure the resources of the municipality are managed in a cost-effective and responsible manner.
FORMAL EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, AND REQUIREMENTS
- Post-secondary education and degree in finance, accounting, or related field
- An accounting designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA)
- Human Resources training/experience in a unionized environment
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of eight (8) years of municipal government experience.
- Proven project management and budgeting.
- Experience leading teams with a comprehensive understanding of operations and financials, human resources, information technology, and with outstanding organization and communication skills, strong leadership and management skills.
- Proven ability to positively lead, motivate, and mentor staff.
- Experience working with partner organizations and external stakeholders.
- Extensive experience with change management.
- Demonstrated success managing and resolving conflict.
- Demonstrated progressive competence in strategic planning, business plans, and budgeting.
- In depth knowledge and working with the Municipal Government Act (MGA) and other related legislation.
- Demonstrated proficiency computers and Microsoft Office programs, with the ability to independently create and edit a variety of documents and spreadsheets.
- Class 5 driver’s license with a satisfactory driver’s abstract
- Able to provide a satisfactory criminal record check
Alternative combinations of education and experience, which demonstrably provide the required knowledge and skills, may be eligible in certain circumstances.
The Town offers an excellent benefit package. Based on a 35-hour work week, the salary range for this position is $ 119,547-141,919/year. Salary is negotiable within this range based on experience and qualifications.
Please follow this link to view the in-depth job description and requirements: https://www.ponoka.ca/images/General_Manager_of_Corporate_Services_Octob...
Interested parties are requested to submit their resume and cover letter through the Town of Ponoka website Careers page: https://www.ponoka.ca/careers.
Competition will remain open until suitable candidate is found.
The Town of Ponoka thanks all applicants in advance, however, only those being considered will be contacted.