Are you looking for an exciting new career in 2021? The City of Camrose is looking for a dynamic, proven leader to fill the role of General Manager, Infrastructure.
As the General Manager, you will be part of the senior management team, providing executive leadership to the Infrastructure department, which includes Engineering Services and Public Works. The General Manager will work collaboratively to provide oversight to the department as it relates to the health and safety, City’s strategic plan, asset management, human resources, and governing legislation. Considerable independent leadership, financial acumen, innovation and judgment are required in managing, planning and organizing the key responsibilities of this role. In addition, this position will work with City Council to provide advice and leadership on infrastructure matters for the City of Camrose.
- Professional Engineer status, eligible for membership with APEGA. Other related and applicable education may be considered.
- Supplementary certificates or designations in asset and project management, local government programs, or related field considered an asset.
- Five (5) years of professional leadership experience at a senior management level. Significant knowledge and experience in strategic planning, asset management, change management and people development related to infrastructure and planning.
- Experienced in the strategic and operational uses of information technology, especially enterprise or organization wide applications that add value to management decision-making and cross-functional or process-based efficiencies.
- Advanced proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience in working with elected officials / boards and internal and external stakeholders.
HOURS OF WORK: Core hours of work are generally 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Management duties will require work outside of the core hours as part of this role.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The City of Camrose offers a competitive salary, attractive benefits, and a positive work environment. The starting salary for this position will be based upon the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate.
APPLICATIONS: Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and current resume via e-mail or to the address below. The competition will remain open until the successful candidate has been found. We appreciate and consider all applications; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
City of Camrose
Attention: Human Resources
5204 – 50 Avenue
Camrose, AB T4V 0S8