The City of Camrose is looking for a dynamic, proven leader to fill the role of General Manager, Infrastructure & Planning. As the General Manager, you will be part of the senior management team, providing executive leadership to the Infrastructure & Planning Services department, including Planning and Development, Engineering Services, and Public Works. The General Manager will collaboratively implement in strategic oversight to the department as it relates to the City’s strategic plan, direction and priorities, business and financial resources, human resources, and governing legislation. In addition, this position will work with City Council to provide advice and executive leadership on community planning and infrastructure matters for the City of Camrose.
- Professional Engineer status, eligible for membership with APEGA. Other related and applicable education may be considered.
- Supplementary certificates or designations in local government programs, asset and project management, or related field considered an asset.
- 5 years of professional leadership experience at a senior management level.Significant knowledge and experience in people development, strategic planning, change management, and municipal operations related to infrastructure, community planning.
- Experienced in the strategic and operational uses of information technology, especially enterprise or organization wide applications that add value to management decision-making and cross-functional or process based efficiencies.
- Advanced proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience in working with elected officials, boards and internal and external stakeholders.
Core hours of work are generally 8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. Management duties will require work outside of the core hours as part of this role.
The City of Camrose offers a competitive salary, attractive benefits, and a positive work environment. The starting salary for this position will be based upon the experience and qualifications of the successful candidate.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit a cover letter and current resume via e-mail or to the address below by February 22, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
We appreciate and consider all applications; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.