Lac Ste. Anne County offers a range of Municipal Services and is a growing mix of residential, agricultural, industrial, and recreational opportunities. The County has a population of 10,899 in an area of over 3,000 sq. km.
Lac Ste. Anne County is seeking a qualified General Manager of Infrastructure and Planning. As a member of the senior management team, the General Manager of Infrastructure and Planning provides direction, leadership, and management of the County’s critical services functions, including Public Works, infrastructure, and Planning and Development, and is the direct supervisor of the Directors or Managers of these departments.
Our ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Post-secondary education in a related field combined with a Civil Engineering Technology (C.E.T.) designation. Significant experience or progress towards the designation may be considered for otherwise qualified candidates.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant and related work experience, preferably in a senior management role and leading in a team environment.
- Ability to plan, develop, coordinate, implement and evaluate infrastructure and public works programs and strategies
- Well-developed interpersonal and public speaking skills, along with an ability to communicate complex and technical information in a straightforward manner
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- High proficiency in relevant computer applications
- Flexibility of hours, due to occasional overtime, attendance at meetings, and other County activities
- Attention to detail, solid problem solving, and advanced analytical skills
- Strong initiative and leadership qualities
- Must possess and maintain a valid Alberta Operators License
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY AND EXPECTATIONS
Reporting directly to the Chief Administrative Officer, the General Manager of Infrastructure and Planning is responsible for:
- Providing strategic leadership in collaboration
- Translating Council objectives into respective departmental goals by ensuring clear understanding and communication
- Participating in related Boards and Agencies, providing advice, assistance, and alternate solutions to various committees
- Evaluating and making recommendations to CAO for review and update of County objectives for relevant operational areas
- Establishing and coordinating the review, update, and implementation of long-range planning processes
- Providing Operational and technical leadership
- Planning and implementing departmental objectives
- Monitoring departmental performance in a timely manner and taking action as appropriate to enable or enhance performance as required
- Administering and maintaining services and procedures, aligned with the corporate policy, and ensuring the coordination of infrastructure services with the activities of other departments
- Reviewing, evaluating, modifying, and recommending operating procedures to the CAO
- Establishing operating policies for infrastructure services, operating, and capital activities
- Providing direction in budget development
- Establishing and maintaining communication with other Managers and General Managers by meeting regularly
- Providing leadership and input on labour negotiations with Union
- Effective overall management of the County Infrastructure Services and Development & Planning and maintaining a clear and positive corporate image in line with corporate beliefs and principles
- Maintaining awareness of, and adherence to, the County’s OH&S policies by following responsibilities as outlined in the Health and Safety Manual; monitoring and enforcing employee compliance with the OH&S program
- Maintaining good communication skills and public relations with ratepayers, fellow staff members, County Council, and all other related third parties
- Keeping confidential all information that is obtained
The General Manager of Infrastructure and Planning will also fulfill any other related duties assigned by the County Manager (CAO) or as required to me the obligations of this position.
The County provides a competitive compensation package commensurate with the successful candidate`s experience and education.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please forward your resume to Kathryn Kerr at firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes will be considered as they are received. This opportunity will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.