Why work for the Town of Canmore?
Our team is professional, fun, dedicated, and passionate about our community, this work, and the endless opportunities for adventure in our magnificent Rocky Mountain environment. Canmore provides a landscape like no other, with challenges that are legislative, geographical, natural, human, and animal. If you are looking for an opportunity to challenge your leadership and strategic thinking skills with unique projects and complex issues, we have the right career building opportunity for you.
People are our Priority
First and foremost, this role is about Leadership, Communication and Collaboration. You are a respected advisor to the CAO and council, a productive member of the corporate strategic team as well as a collaborative partner with external stakeholders, a mentor to your technical team and a leader who can demonstrate and inspire our workplace culture and values. In this role, you will liaise with various internal and partner organizations to provide support, resources, information, inspiration and motivation to determine the solutions that best meet the community needs and organizational goals.
This is the perfect role for an active leader with a collaborative work style, who can translate visionary and strategic thinking into concrete results through the mobilization of talented people and diverse resources. In this role, you will be responsible for directing council’s community infrastructure priorities and challenges into implementation plans, and then influence the prioritization and allocation of finite funding and resources at the strategic, corporate and political levels.
The reward of this position is not in being the performer of the work itself, nor in being the implementer who will receive personal recognition, but rather to engage others in ways that ensure that the community vision is being realized.
- Positive leadership & mentorship
- Oversight of all infrastructure department priorities
- Complex policy development
- Lead council strategic planning initiatives
- Liaise with internal/ external stakeholders
- Degree & professional status in a related field; Engineering, Planning, Law, development -preferred
- Certification in related field such as; (FMP) Facility Management professional or (CET) Certified Engineering Technologist- considered
- (PMP) Project Management Professional – asset
- Advanced level leadership Training- required
- 10+ years leadership experience at senior level
- 6+ years project management experience
- Experience leading in an organization run by board of directors or elected officials
- Working with stakeholders such as; social housing, local business, tourism etc.
- Complex policy development
- Affordable housing, facility redevelopment, aging infrastructure & long-range infrastructure planning
- Working with related legislation such as MGA, environmental legalization etc.
Salary & Benefits
$129,729.60-$144,144.00 per annum
- Competitive benefits & personal wellness plan
- Generous RSP matching plan
- EDO-Earned Day Off program
- Personal development & learning opportunities
- Positive work culture
- Work-Life Balance
This posting will remain open until September 27, 2019. To apply, please vist our website: https://canmore.ca/business/work-with-us/career-opportunities