Mackenzie County is currently inviting applications for a Geographical Information System (GIS) Technician position. The primary location for this position will be in La Crete, however the individual may be required to work in other areas of the municipality as per operational requirements. This is a full-time unionized position with a 40 hour work week (8 hours per day) Monday to Friday.
Reporting to the Manager of Planning & Development, the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Assist in implementing GIS standards & procedures for integration interfaces, mapping products & services, maintenance, and other operating processes & procedures;
- Provide support as the GIS resource for spatial data processing, thematic mapping, database management, data collection & output, and systems research & development;
- Responsible for the development & production of GIS mapping products including the design & implementation of digital and printed maps;
- Ongoing maintenance of GIS and municipal asset management systems;
- Maintenance of the civic addressing system including assignment of addresses, ordering signs, and keeping accurate records of changes;
- Create & provide maps/aerial imagery as approved by the Manager of Planning & Development;
- Coordinate & collaborate with external organizations;
- Other duties as required;
Requirements for this position are:
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in one of, geomatics, land management, or related field with extensive coursework in GIS;
- Minimum of three years related experience in GIS;
- Working knowledge of civil, architectural or electronic engineer design drawings, GPS Surveys, geography, and municipal infrastructure;
- Understanding of data integration and different interfaces;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD & ESRI GIS product;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Effectively communicate both verbally and in writing;
- Proven organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision;
- A valid class 5 driver’s license;
- Evidence of successfully passing a police Criminal Record Check;
Salary Range: $66,893 - $83,637 per annum. Mackenzie County offers a Comprehensive Benefit Package.
Please submit resumes by the above noted deadline, however, resumes will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.
Please forward all resumes and applications to:
Judy Quewezance, Human Resources Coordinator
Mackenzie County Box 640,
Fort Vermilion, AB T0H 1N0
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.