The Town of Westlock is seeking an energetic, dynamic individual for the position of GIS/Asset Management Coordinator. The successful candidate will be strongly devoted to public service, be team orientated, innovative and result driven. This person will be part of a great team in providing geospatial services for internal and external use.
You will be working in a vibrant community of 5,000 just 85 kilometres north of Edmonton. We have all the amenities and more. Living in Westlock you can experience live arts, concerts, all sports or belong to one of the multiple community organizations. Town amenities include the Rotary Spirit Centre multi-plex, the Aquatic Centre, skateboard park, ball diamonds, parks and playgrounds. The Town’s strong business sector provides all the services and shopping you will need. Your co-workers are focused on providing great public service and having fun while doing so.
Administer the Town of Westlock Geographical Information System and Asset Management Plan (AMP) including but not limited to:
- Responsible for the administration, maintenance and management of the Town of Westlock asset information systems including but not limited to GIS and WorkTech.
- Collect and maintain all assets data (including gifted assets) for a complete inventory with all key attributes, full descriptions, location and condition assessment.
- Accountable for the completeness and ongoing accuracy of the asset database and asset register.
- Manage the timely data entry, updating and recording of all assets including geospatial and tabular asset data capture and extractions.
- Record, maintain, review and analyse the transfer of data for asset information systems including facilitation of data capture methods.
- Perform spatial analysis on Municipal GIS data based upon user requirements and formatting results for the end user through thematic maps, report and charts of exporting graphic files and data to spreadsheets, databases or other GIS/CAD formats.
- Utilize Pictometry and Orthophotography
- Liaise with customers, both internal and external, to provide information on assets.
- Provide support and training for users to utilize system features and enhancements.
- Attend applicable workshops, conferences and training as required.
Responsible for Town of Westlock digital promotional files:
- Provide Town logo’s in various formats;
- Edit Town photos for use in various Economic Development publications, Town communications with public, etc. and provide in various formats.
- Combine art and technology to communicate ideas through images and the layout of websites and printed pages
Assist the Director of Development Services to conduct research and investigation of new technologies as requested.
Represent the Town of Westlock on all day to day activities relating to GIS, liaise and correspond with agencies, governments, developers and other interested parties;
- Attend meetings and participate on relevant committees on behalf of the Town;
- Represent the Town at seminars, conferences or meetings.
- Maintaining a library of reference material such as reports, studies, and engineering reports on infrastructure requirements, etc.;
- Maintain accurate files on each issue relating to GIS;
Advise and/or assist other Town employees when required.
Work with all Town personnel in all matters pertinent to GIS and Asset Management.
Actively participates in and adheres to the Workplace Health & Safety Program as per the Town of Westlock Health & Safety Policy and associated Administrative Directives, in order to maintain a safe & healthy workplace.
Other related duties as assigned by the Director of Development from time to time.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND TRAINING
1. The minimum level of education required to perform these duties are;
- Completion of Grade 12 Diploma;
- Completion of Two (2) year Geographic Information Systems Diploma from a recognized institution or equivalent work experience;
- Certification in Asset Management or equivalent work experience.
2. The minimum experience required to perform these duties are;
- Two (2) years of applicable experience in a municipal environment;
- Ability to interpret Engineering drawings;
- Knowledge and experience with integrating Asset Management and GIS, asset capture within a GIS;
- Clear and concise communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to ask questions and take direction.
- The minimum physical requirements required to perform these duties include the fitness and ability required to lift up to 50lbs; the position regularly requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive motion.
Directives, manuals, regulations, ordinances or other written guidelines used regularly by this position are;
- Town of Westlock Bylaws;
- Various reference manuals and material(s);
- Town policy and procedure manual;
- Written or oral directives received from the Director of Development Services and/or the CAO;
- Government regulations.
The GIS / Asset Management Coordinator will frequently have contact with the following;
- Town of Westlock Contract GIS provider;
- Town of Westlock Remote Network Service Provider;
- General Public & Town of Westlock staff;
- External Agencies/Contractors/Professionals and suppliers for obtaining and exchanging information.
Features of work which create unusual demands of the GIS / Asset Management Coordinator or which create physical and/or mental pressure(s) stress are;
- Competing priorities and tight timelines;
- Occasional outside work during hot/cold weather is required;
- Requires discretion in all matters.
The Town of Westlock offers a competitive salary and excellent employee benefit program including LAPP pension.
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. The Town of Westlock thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your resume with three references in confidence to:
Town of Westlock
Westlock, Alberta T7P 2K3