The Town of Whitecourt is your local government at work. Council and staff function on behalf of the community to enhance the quality of life for all residents, with a commitment to the well-being of our community. Our organization now has an opening for a Grant Finance Clerk to coordinate the preparation and administration of grants and to provide support to the Controller with general accounting duties. This is a full time permanent position that works closely with other experienced staff in the Town’s organization.
Primary duties include:
- Research, coordination, and preparation of Federal, Provincial and other grant applications.
- Management of the grant agreements and deadlines to enable the preparation and submission of grant financial and project status reports.
- Perform a variety of accounting duties including reconciling, preparing journal entries and financial spreadsheets for additional balance sheet accounts and related grant accounts.
- Reconciliation of the monthly bank accounts and preparation of corresponding journal entries.
- Completion of the quarterly reconciliation and submission of the GST remittances.
The successful applicant should hold an accounting diploma, have excellent written/verbal communication skills, intermediate knowledge of excel and word office products and a minimum of five years’ experience in an accounting field. Preference will be given to candidates with municipal government experience, grant writing experience, and familiarity with Great Plains Diamond Municipal Software.
The Town offers a progressive working environment, a comprehensive benefits plan, and Local Authorities Pension Plan.
If you feel that you have the qualifications and desire to be a part of the Town Team, please submit your application. More information on the municipality and the community is available at www.whitecourt.ca. Applications must be received by 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 22, 2019
TOWN OF WHITECOURT
Re: Job # 19-022
Attn: HR/Payroll Clerk
Box 509, 5004 - 52 Avenue
Whitecourt, Alberta T7S 1N6