Located in Northwest Alberta, the Municipal District of Greenview is a vast and diverse area rich in oil and gas, fertile farm-land, and mixed wood forests. As the third-largest rural municipality in Alberta, Greenview boasts diversity in economic activities and an extraordinary landscape. Greenview’s economy is strengthened by its diversity, a talented workforce and an entrepreneurial spirit that is second to none. Our residents experience adventure right in their backyards with lakes, rivers, Rocky Mountain peaks and vast prairie offering a year-round outdoor playground for all ages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, the Health & Safety Coordinator provides necessary administrative support and coordination for Greenview’s health & safety programs.
- Advise on compliance and interpretation of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulation, Code and any other relevant legislation.
- Assist and support Safety Advisor(s) in all aspects of the Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- Facilitate the preventative maintenance program and ensure compliance.
- Maintain internal database for all safety documents and records.
- Assist in maintaining Certificate of Recognition (COR) through internal and external audits.
- Develop and review hazard assessments, safe job procedures, written reports and recommendations.
- Attend all Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee (JOHSC) meetings and assist with minutes, agendas, and recommendations. Coordinate follow-up actions.
- Ensure new hire orientations and training is completed and all required documentation is inspected and collected accurately. This will include scheduling and having employee’s complete required training. This may include competency verification.
- Assist in monthly safety meetings.
- Participate in incident investigations to determine root cause, casual factors and preventative measures/corrective actions where necessary.
- Assist in emergency response and evacuation plans and ensure emergency preparedness measures at all work locations are implemented and reviewed.
- Coordinate Greenview’s PPE program, including ordering inventory as required.
- Maintain Safety Filing System, both electronically and hard copy filing, ensuring accuracy and compliance.
- Provide support to maintain and update emergency contact list in HRMS system.
- Continuously analyze and provide recommendations for improvements with regards to tracking and reporting procedures for safety data.
- Complete additional Health & Safety projects as required and assigned by the Manager, Human Resources and the Safety Advisor.
- Act as Back up support to Safety Advisors
- Support HR Department as required (i.e. Manager, Generalist, Recruitment, Safety & Payroll).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Working towards certification, or already certified, in the Occupational Health & Safety profession preferred
- 3-5 years' experience in Occupational Health and Safety in a related field preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations
- Strong organizational skills and communication skills (verbal, written and visual presentation)
- Proficient with presentation, database and office software
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Proven exceptional customer service skills and detail to accuracy
- Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills are essential
- Strong willingness, capacity and desire to learn
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT:
- Extensive use of computers and related equipment’s
- Visiting Greenview locations as required
- Subject to working in mostly indoor environment
- Use and operation of vehicle
- Normal working day consists of 7.5 hours; however occasional overtime or weekend work may be required
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- All personnel working at the Municipal District of Greenview are governed by the Municipal District Health & Safety Policy.
- Ensures all operations are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with Municipal District Policies and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
- Ensure proper ergonomic requirements are met and good ergonomic procedures are practiced.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
Interested candidates may submit cover letter (stating the position you are applying to) and resume, in one of the following ways:
By E-mail: email@example.com (Please quote the position in the subject line)
Mail or Drop Off:
Municipal District of Greenview No. 16
4806 – 36 Ave., Box 1079
Valleyview, Alberta T0H 3N0
Confidential Fax: 780-524-3981
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate it found. While we truly appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.