Reporting to the Deputy City Manager, the Health and Safety Administrator is a proactive team player responsible for the overall management of the City of Camrose Safety Management System.
- Facilitate the implementation, administration and maintenance of the City of Camrose Safety Management System (SMS) and monitor compliance with all relevant legislation and adopt policies and procedures into SMS as applicable.
- Monitor the Incident Report System. Analyse safety statistics including near misses and all lost time incidents.
- Liaise and manage any active claims with Workers Compensation Board (WCB) and any Return to Work claims.
- Ensure proper documentation processes are set up where necessary such as training, testing and competency of all staff.
- Manage a retraining/recertification requirements system.
- Manage and facilitate the employee orientation process in regards to Health and Safety.
- Audit to ensure Contractor compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Act, (OHSA) Regulation and Code and Alberta Environment standards and guidelines, including hazardous material abatement services for the City.
- Coordinate and implement the required internal and external audits (COR/AMHSA).
- Provides guidance and direction to all areas of the organization with respect to health and safety.
- Lead and train members of the internal Health and Safety Committees as required.
- Work in conjunction with Deputy City Manager in developing short and long term Health & Safety plans.
- Post-secondary certificate/diploma/degree in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Minimum of 3 years health and safety experience. Previous municipal experience with be an asset.
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or working towards.
- Knowledge of PIR/COR programs requirements in OHSA, principles and practices involved in training personnel.
- Willing to obtain Municipal Health and Safety Association (MHSA) accreditation as a “Designated Safe Workplace Association”, or the Alberta Association for Safety Partnerships. (AASP).
- Alberta Class 5 driver’s license and valid First Aid/CPR certificate.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Suite, particularly Excel.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to manage multiple demands at once.
- Current AMHSA Peer Auditor Status would be an asset.
HOURS OF WORK: The hours of work for this position are generally 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
ANNUAL SALARY: The starting salary for this position will be established based on qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
Individuals interested in this position are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to the address below. This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. We appreciate and consider all applications; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
City of Camrose
Attention: Human Resources
5204 – 50 Avenue
Camrose, AB T4V 0S8