About this Role:
Do you consider yourself a self-starter? An experienced Heavy-Duty Mechanic who has the ability to work in a fast-paced environment? Are you someone who has exceptional customer service skills, and is task-driven? We want to meet you!
We are looking for a permanent full-time Heavy-Duty Mechanic to join our Community Operations Team.
As a member of the Roads and Fleet team, the Heavy-Duty Mechanic provides operational and mechanical expertise in the maintenance, upkeep and repair of all licensed and non-licensed vehicles owned by the City. This includes, but is not limited to, the maintenance of emergency response vehicles, hand-operated power tools and machinery, and assisting with upkeep and maintenance of the shop.
- Provides operational and mechanical expertise in the implementation, monitoring, and continuous improvement of:
- Maintenance and repair of all licensed and non-licensed vehicles, equipment and machinery, including emergency response vehicles, hand-operated power tools, trucks, trailers, graders, snowplows, sanders, vehicles; diagnoses equipment problems and determines necessary repairs and methods; performs regular testing; manages all logs.
- Upkeep and maintenance of Fleet Services: ensures tidy workspace, organization of tools, garage space and tool storage areas on a regular basis.
For more information about this role, check out the attached detailed job-description.
Qualifications for this Role:
- Journeyman Certified Heavy Equipment Technician with Red Seal.
- 3 years of related and progressive experience in light and heavy-duty mechanics.
- Emergency Vehicle Technician experience considered an asset.
- On Highway vehicle maintenance experience considered an asset.
Working for the City of Chestermere:
As Alberta’s fastest growing municipality, the City of Chestermere has rapidly evolved from a charming summer village into a dynamic lakeside community for over 20,000 residents.
By demonstrating the City’s values, employees at the City of Chestermere use their strengths and unique abilities to contribute to the vision of Chestermere as a sustainable lakeside recreational community that is safe and family oriented. We serve our community by creating an Amazing place to live, work and play. Chestermere is committed to creating a diverse workplace environment.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume referencing:
Job Competition 2020 Heavy Duty Mechanic by 4:00pm, Wednesday, July 8, 2020.
City of Chestermere
105 Marina Road
Chestermere, AB, T1X 1V7
Attention: M Bohmer
Note: The City appreciates receiving resumes from all qualified individuals, however only those applicants who are short-listed for an interview will be contacted.