Located in Northwest Alberta, the Municipal District of Greenview is a vast and diverse area rich in oil and gas, fertile farmland, and mixed wood forests. As the third-largest rural municipality in Alberta, Greenview boasts diversity in economic activities and an extraordinary landscape. Greenview’s economy is strengthened by its diversity, a talented workforce and an entrepreneurial spirit that is second to none. Our residents experience adventure right in their backyards with lakes, rivers, Rocky Mountain peaks and vast prairie offering a year-round outdoor playground for all ages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Manager, Compensation, Payroll & Benefits, the Human Resources Officer, Recruitment is responsible for facilitating the recruitment process throughout the Municipality. This will be achieved through the development of local and provincial recruiting plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas. The incumbent will keep in mind the strategic direction and values of the Municipal district in all matters related to recruitment and retention.
- Develop Municipal recruitment and succession strategies.
- Conduct full cycle recruitment activities: review applications, conduct prescreening interviews, perform reference and background checks for potential employees, assist with interviewing of candidates, prepare and send offer packages and complete rejection letters as applicable.
- Manage the recruitment process for all seasonal staff members.
- Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position.
- Conduct regular follow-up meetings with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and implementation.
- Communicate with managers and employees regularly to establish rapport, gauge morale and source new candidate leads.
- Promote team building with staff and Council.
- Maintain all pertinent applicant and interview data.
- Assist in preparing and sending new employee orientation packages.
- Research and recommend new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting.
- Build networks to find qualified passive candidates.
- Network through industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees.
- Manage the Greenview ‘Career Opportunities’ webpage, as well as, identify and source qualified candidates through other external networks.
- Maintain relationships with possible future candidates through regular contact.
- Manage the use of external recruiters and headhunters when required.
- Collaborate with Human Resources Officer, Generalist on human resources initiatives at the direction of the Manager, Compensation, Payroll & Benefits.
- Participate in updates of HR policies, HR operating procedures and guidelines.
- Support change management initiatives where required.
- Support HR initiatives and complete special projects as assigned.
- Provide coverage for Human Resources Officer, Generalist when required.
- Provide support, and possibly coverage, to the Human Resources Officer, Payroll and Benefits as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform the duties listed above to a high degree of quality, timeliness and precision.
- Post-secondary education in Human Resource management or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in Human Resources.
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of laws affecting Human Resource administration.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio.
- Ability to interact well with, and respond to inquiries from employees, Management, Council and Ratepayers.
- Basic accounting skills and familiarity with Municipal finances and budgets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated management and organizational skills.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to interpret, implement and adhere to organizational policies and procedures.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHISYCAL ENVIRONMENT:
- Extensive use of computer and telephone.
- Long periods of sitting, good lighting, temperature and noise control.
- Minimal physical effort; occasional light lifting.
- Normal working day consists of 7.5 hours; however occasional overtime may be required.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- All personnel working at the Municipal District of Greenview are governed by the Municipal District Health & Safety Policy.
- Ensures all operations are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with Municipal District Policies and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
- Ensure proper ergonomic requirements are met and good ergonomic procedures are practiced.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
Interested candidates may submit cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
While we truly appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.