Reporting to the CAO this position maintains and enhances the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs and practices. This role coordinates all aspects of Human Resource functions including recruitment and selection, performance management, compensation and benefits, training and development, and employee/labour relations in support of the needs of the Town.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
Policies, Procedures and Projects
- Oversees all of the Human Resources operations and processes and is the HR advisor to the Chief Administrative Officer. Ensuring Human Resource Employees Handbook remains current and meets industry standards
- Recommending and drafting Employees Handbook amendments or additions; assisting management in interpretation and adherence to Employees Handbook
- Motivate and develop the skills of the General Managers, Managers and their staff to foster culture of the organization, productivity, professionalism and high morale by providing guidance of the Employees Handbook and procedures established and maintained for equitable employment practices
- Providing comprehensive support in issues management from identification through resolution, by providing advice, joint problem solving, providing recommendations, training and assisting with implementation
- Liaising between staff and management on issues of employee morale/concerns, career/succession planning and advocacy issues
Compensation and Performance Management
- Assists managers in developing accurate job descriptions and updates as required
- Administering position classification and salary administration programs, including conducting and responding to wage/labour market surveys.
- Providing advice, research and guidance to General Managers, managers and supervisors with employee performance management, employee/labour relations matters and grievance issues
- Ensuring the upkeep and integrity of our current evaluation and job grading processes
- Go over all relevant sections of the Employees Handbook ensuring the employee has signed off on the HR Policy Manual and receives an employee orientation handbook
- Provide orientation to employees in regards to LAPP and Benefits upon completion of probationary period
- Maintain a good working knowledge of all employment standard legislation, Town Personnel policies, statuary deductions, and pension plans programs offered by the Town
- Consulting with CAO/General Managers regarding labour and contract negotiations as required
- Providing recruitment and staffing support by assisting with recruitment plans and participating in employee interviews for all permanent employees; advising on methods of recruitment and providing quality control over all advertising
- Preparing offer letters/contracts for successful candidates
- Ensure that a fair process is followed in our recruitment efforts and that all relevant legislation is followed
Record Management/Health and Safety
- As a permanent member of the Health & Safety committee, promotes the Town’s health and safety programs such as the Employee Health and Wellness, Return to Work Program and the use of Injury Occupational Services
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- A degree or diploma in human resource management with experience or an HR diploma with 5-7 years’ experience is preferred for this position.
- CHRP designation would be an asset.
This competition will close on Friday, Jan. 15 at 4:30 p.m.
Applications can be submitted through www.devon.ca/jobs