The Town of Morinville is a growing community on the doorstep of Metro Edmonton. Developed on a foundation of rich heritage and culture spanning 100+ years, it offers an excellent quality of life with convenient access to all nearby big city amenities while retaining the characteristics of a vibrant and flourishing centre for the surrounding rural community.
The Administration of the Town of Morinville prides itself in building on the rich heritage of creating a lasting legacy for Morinville, and does so with service, integrity, and commitment at the heart of our work. We are seeking a full time Human Resources Advisor who will deliver such a legacy through their work as we enter an exciting time of transformation and change.
Reporting to the Manager of Human Resources, the HR Advisor is responsible for aligning organizational and departmental objectives with employees and management while providing a wide variety of both complex and routine services and hands-on support in functional areas such as talent acquisition and management, labour and employee relations, and regulatory compliance. The HR Advisor will assist the HR Manager with administering various HR initiatives and activities and carries out the day-to-day operations and administration of the HR programs, policies and procedures in both a unionized and out of scope environment. This position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the strategic, business objectives of the organization.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Administer various HR programs and ensure effective and efficient delivery of services. Key areas of focus include: Talent acquisition including onboarding; labour relations and employee relations; talent management including performance management; succession and retention planning; employee engagement; providing guidance, advice and support to management; policy & procedure development, evaluation and implementation; legislative compliance
- Creation, generation and analysis of HR management information and metrics and recommend HR solutions
- Review, track, and document compliance with training and development and work competencies and assessments
- Collaborate with departmental managers/supervisors to understand skills and competencies required of positions and facilitate recruitment, training and development, performance management and succession planning needs
- Maintain knowledge of legislation and regulations, trends, best practices, and new technologies in HR and makes recommendations for continuous improvement
- Partner with management to communicate HR programs, policies, procedures and legislation
- Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive workplace culture
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Human Resources and Labour Management or equivalent education (Note: Combinations and equivalencies of education and experience may be considered)
- 5+ years of progressively responsible and direct HR generalist experience
- Experience in working with Collective Agreements in a unionized work environment
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently to meet deadlines
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills with attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
Compensation: Annual salary range of $ 95,770—114,354 (7 Step Grid), based on a 35 hour work week. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Pension, professional development opportunities and a supportive work environment.
Please submit resumes by the above noted deadline; however, resumes will be accepted until the position has been filled.
The Town of Morinville thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit applications quoting “COMP #202105-HRA” to:
Town of Morinville
Morinville, AB T8R 1L6