Located in Northwest Alberta, the Municipal District of Greenview is a vast and diverse area rich in oil and gas, fertile farmland, and mixed wood forests. As the third-largest rural municipality in Alberta, Greenview boasts diversity in economic activities and an extraordinary landscape. Greenview’s economy is strengthened by its diversity, a talented workforce and an entrepreneurial spirit that is second to none. Our residents experience adventure right in their backyards with lakes, rivers, Rocky Mountain peaks and vast prairie offering a year-round outdoor playground for all ages.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Corporate Services is responsible for financial, legislative, human resources, assessment, information systems, procurement and risk management/insurance functions and support for the organization. Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, the HR Coordinator provides necessary support in the Administration of Human Resources Services within the Organization.
- Working with HR Officer, Payroll & Benefits in preparation and processing of biweekly payroll.
- Working with HR Officer, Payroll & Benefits in responding to payroll related requests from employees and management on a timely basis
- Conduct new hire orientations for staff as required
- Administration of Birthday and Anniversary Cards on monthly basis
- Provides ongoing maintenance of the employee safety training records
- Maintenance of Employee Personnel Files
- Place and follow up orders for Jackets for the new employees upon probation confirmation
- Maintain HR Filing System, both electronically and hard copy filing, ensuring accuracy and compliance
- Support coordination of interviews and recruitment processes as required
- Maintain and update emergency contact list in HRMS system
- Provide support in coordinating all employee Human Resources programs including STILE recognition, Employee Wellness, etc.
- Assisting with the performance appraisal and probation processes under the direction of the HR Manager
- Complete special Human Resources projects as required and assigned by HR Manager
- Act as Back up support to HR Officer, Payroll & Benefits
- Support HR Department as required (i.e. Manager, Generalist, Recruitment, Safety & Payroll)OCCASIONAL
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform the duties listed above to a high degree of quality, timeliness and precision.
- College level Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent • Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of full-cycle payroll processing experience
- Certified Payroll Compliant Practitioner designation or working towards certification will be preferred
- 1 + years’ experience in human resources • Class 5 driver’s license
- Proven exceptional customer service skills and detail to accuracy
- Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills are essential
- Strong willingness, capacity and desire to learn
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHISYCAL ENVIRONMENT:
- Extensive use of computers and related equipment’s
- Visiting Greenview locations as required
- Subject to working in mostly indoor environment
- Use and operation of vehicle
- Normal working day consists of 7.5 hours; however occasional overtime or weekend work may be required
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- All personnel working at the Municipal District of Greenview are governed by the Municipal District Health & Safety Policy.
- Ensures all operations are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with Municipal District Policies and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
- Ensure proper ergonomic requirements are met and good ergonomic procedures are practiced.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
Interested candidates may submit cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. While we truly appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.