If you enjoy a fast-paced, progressive work environment and have a passion for serving the local community - then this may be the opportunity for you! We believe that our values of diversity, collaboration, innovation and mutual respect bring out the best in our team, and are currently accepting resumes for Human Resource Coordinator within our Corporate Services Department.
The is a permanent full time position and the duties will include:
- Supervision of timely and accurate payroll and employee records including year-end and audit working papers.
- Knowledge of federal and provincial legislation affecting Revenue Canada deductions, Local Authorities Pension Plan, employee policies and practices, short term and long term disability and Worker’s Compensation Board.
- Resource to management and staff regarding human resources policies and practices including planning, development, review and implementation of newly approved employee policies, terminations and employment contracts.
- As a member of the Health & Safety committee, promotes the Town’s health & safety programs and safe work environment through general employee orientation and assistance with safety related policy development.
- Oversee the completion of compensation reviews and participation in succession planning.
The successful applicant currently has a Certified Payroll Manager (CPM) professional designation and/or human resource post-secondary training with minimum 7 years’ experience. Excellent interpersonal skills and previous municipal experience in a related position would be desirable. Proficiency in Avanti payroll software and municipal accounting programs would be an asset.
The Town offers a progressive working environment, a comprehensive benefits plan, and Local Authorities Pension Plan.
If you feel that you have the qualifications and desire to be a part of the Town Team, please submit your application. More information on the municipality and the community is available at www.whitecourt.ca.
Applications must be received by 2:00 p.m. on Friday, June 11, 2021.
TOWN OF WHITECOURT
Re: Job # 21-20
Attn: HR/Payroll Clerk
Box 509, 5004 - 52 Avenue
Whitecourt, Alberta T7S 1N6
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those who are interviewed will be contacted.