Welcome to the City of 100 Hellos! We are a welcoming and inclusive community and one of the most culturally diverse communities in Alberta, with a population of 14,451 and another 11,000 in the surrounding area.
The City of Brooks has an opening for a full-time permanent Human Resources Manager operating out of City Hall. If you have a human resources background and a passion for making Brooks a welcoming and inclusive community, then this is the job for you!
Job Details & Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for developing and delivering Human Resources strategies that support the Municipality’s strategic goals and objectives. The Human Resources Manager is also expected to contribute at both a strategic and operational level in order to identify HR priorities and recommend appropriate solutions. This position will provide expert professional advice and support to managers and staff in all aspects of human capital management, reflecting the Municipality’s desire to be an employer of choice, current employment legislation and best practices.
- University degree or college diploma in business administration (Human Resources Management preferred);
- Chartered Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) Designation in the Province of Alberta, or the willingness to obtain the CPHR Designation;
- Minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ of progressive experience in human resources;
- Extensive knowledge and experience of the principles and practices of Human Resource management including collective bargaining, compensation administration, statistical concepts, job evaluations, performance evaluations, and recruitment techniques;
- Knowledge of the Federal and Provincial Labour Laws currently in effect;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with City management team members, union representatives, employees, professional colleagues and the general public with an overall strong customer service approach;
- Knowledge of the current trends and developments in the field of public personnel administration;
- Knowledge of recruitment techniques using behavioural interviewing techniques;
- Knowledge of Human Resource Management Information systems, payroll systems and associated business software (word processing, data base and spread sheets);
- Knowledge of computerized job description and evaluation systems with proficiency and accuracy;
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task;
- Ability to recognize problems, analyze and find creative solutions; and,
- Ability to effectively work in team environment.
Compensation & Benefits:
The City of Brooks offers a competitive salary and benefits package for this position. The regular working hours are Monday to Friday, from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. The successful applicant will also receive a free family membership to the JBS Canada Centre during the term of employment.
A clean criminal records check and driver abstract will be required before an offer of employment is presented to the successful applicant.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is chosen. The City of Brooks thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Brooks is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please visit our website.