As the Director of Human Resources, you will report directly to the Chief Administrative Officer and be responsible for development and implementation of Change-Management, Corporate Staff Development Program, Mentoring & Coaching Program, Customer Service Monitoring & Reporting, Corporate Innovation Corporate Health & Safety, RCMP Detachment and other human-resource related tasks.
You will be a member of senior management team and the departmental head of the corporation’s HR team, ensuring staff are in clear alignment with the Corporation’s vision and mission, and corporate values. You will assist the CAO and the senior management team in the transformation of the organization into the culture of leadership; shared accountability; customer-focus and respectful workplace.
You will manage the HR team and provide leadership to staff within the department. You will advocate staff morale and empowerment through positive employee experience at work-place. This position acts as a liaison between the Town of Slave Lake and the Town’s RCMP Detachment in respect to the Municipal positions assigned, as well as maintaining the Town’s membership in good standing as part of the Alberta Municipal Health and Safety Association.
As a key member of the leadership team, you will also contribute to the identification, development and implementation of improvement and strategic initiatives contained in the business plan.
- Lead the delivery and continuous improvement of the recruitment program,
- Lead the development, implementation, and continuous improvement of the HR team,
- Lead corporate analytics and reporting,
- Manage the HR team and provide leadership,
- Contribute to the identification, development and implementation of improvements and strategic initiatives contained in the work plan,
- Strategically manage corporate risks to the Town of Slave Lake including benefits, recruitment, health & safety, analytics and reporting functions,
- Develop and model a service excellence philosophy that reflects the corporate values,
- Demonstrate effective leadership with integrity and accountability, and ability to build staff’s competency and confidence to achieve desired customer service,
- Provide coaching and mentorship to staff and colleagues as appropriate, and develop personal leadership capabilities,
- Additional organizational duties as required through organizational review.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong change management skills and ability to work with various stakeholders and thrive for common goals, while maintaining utmost professionalism and integrity,
- Ability to apply principles of human resource management to new situations and develop new and innovative strategies and approaches to evolving complex situations,
- Ability to formulate solutions out of conflicting interests and priorities of stakeholders,Ability to work under pressure, manage a variety of projects simultaneously and within deadlines,
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a solution-orientated focus and ability to develop productive relationships with all levels of management and employees,
- Knowledge of contract interpretation, contract management and financial management,
- Excellent managerial and leadership skills along with strategic, critical thinking and analytical skills,
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to clearly and concisely present recommendations and supporting analysis to senior leadership.
- Knowledge of the Labour Relations Act, Employment Standards Code, Occupational Health & Safety Act and other pertinent legislations,
- Knowledge of Health and Safety literature, regulations, codes of practice and records,
- High level of competence with MS Office software packages,
- Thriving to build respectful and sustainable work place.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Human Resource Management, Business, Finance or a related area and minimum of 10 years of directly related senior HR work experience along with a minimum of three years of leadership experience,
- Experience in Human Resources with a broad knowledge of Human Resource management including compensation, benefits, recruitment, HR analytics and reporting is an asset,
- Experience in leading customer service focused work groups and service delivery excellence,
- Experience in researching, drafting, and maintaining workplace practices and processes,
- Experience leading or managing the implementation of innovative and transformational projects is highly desirable,
- Local government/public sector experience would be an asset,
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills,
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, skills and abilities will be considered.
We offer a competitive salary / benefits package and relocation assistance.
Resumes will be accepted until Tuesday, February 12, 2021 at 4:30 p.m.
Send your resume to:
Town of Slave Lake,
Attention: David Kim
101 Main Street S.E., P.O. Box 1030,
Slave Lake, Alberta T0G 2A0
The Town of Slave Lake thanks all applicants in advance, however only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.