The City of Spruce Grove is a fast growing, dynamic city committed to building and maintaining a fiscally responsible community that serves our residents, attracts visitors and promotes future growth. Through the actions of the Shared Principles, innovation is encouraged; communication and learning are continuous in this team environment while maintaining a positive work and family life balance.
The Information Management Administrator is responsible for assisting with the administration of the corporate information management program and advancing the principles of information governance. The incumbent focuses on the application and implementation of systems, policy and procedures for information and records management as well as the use of the corporate software tool. This position reports to the Information Management Supervisor.
1. Information Management Program:
- Assist with the maintenance of the Information Management Program.
- Contribute to the development of business systems, processes and procedures to support good information management across the organization.
- Apply standards, policies, procedures and guidelines for the management of active, archived, legal and permanent records, including the maintenance and updating of the City of Spruce Groves Corporate Classification and Retention Schedule.
- Coordinate the maintenance and updating of departmental file plans supporting information management's alignment with business practices.
- Assist the City Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Coordinator with any record searches required as a result of a FOIP Request.
- Maintain day-to-day control of all records storage and supplies areas including monitoring of space, environmental, and fire safety concerns.
- Administer the physical records storage program throughout City facilities, including records held in off-site storage.
- Ensure that all records storage areas are maintained in a physical condition that is conducive to effective records storage and retrieval.
2. Records Management Training:
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Information Governance Program, including providing training, monitor compliance and reporting outcomes as directed by the Information Management Supervisor.
- Present and execute training sessions for City Staff on using information management software and in records management practices as needed.
- Assist with the implementation of a training / education program increasing awareness and understanding of records and information management in the City.
3. Web Content & Information Sharing:
- Maintain and coordinate the City Clerk web page content.
- Coordinate with Corporate Communications and City Clerk's Office to ensure relevant and credible information is disseminated via the web.
- Coordinate and implement department level information management activities including monitoring data assets throughout their lifecycle.
- Verify data assets have been classified, retained and disposed of, in accordance with the Corporate Classification & Retention Schedule.
- Two (2) year post-secondary diploma in library and information management, records management, library sciences or equivalent.
- Two (2) to Three (3) years related experience.
- Information and Records Management Certificate an asset.
- Information Governance Credential an asset.
- Certified Records Manager Credential an asset.
Visit our website at www.sprucegrove.org for a full job description and more information about the City of Spruce Grove.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.