The County of Vermilion River is seeking a highly motivated person to join our team as an Information Technologist.
- Education in the Information Technology or Computer Sciences field and/or comparable work experience is required
- Strong ability to provide internal support, maintenance and troubleshooting for all of our technology systems
- Experience with Diamond (Central Square) software and/or other Municipal programs is an asset
- Impeccable attention to detail. High level of accuracy, project and time management, organizational skills with a high degree of integrity and professionalism
- Effective business communication skills including written, verbal abd interpersonal; analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Facilitation, training, presentation and coaching skills
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Information Systems & Technology: Overseeing the Information Systems within the municipality including, but not limited to networks, servers, computers, internet, intranet, phone systems, operating software, integration of add-on systems and programs, GIS data, system security, user access, database management, inventory, technology analysis, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Team Work: Work closely with all departments to provide user level IT support, evaluate technoogy needs, long term planning, special projects and technology related issues. Leadership and interpersonal communication skills are critical.
- Administration: Prepare written documents, reports and applications as required. Adhere to policies, standards and regulations. Support the development and implementation of an Information Technology Strategic Plan.
A competitive salary and comprehensive municipal benefits package is available. The successful candidate will be required to provide a criminal record check and drivers abstract. We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Position will be open until a suitable candidate is found. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada. Applications clearly marked: "CONFIDENTIAL - Information Technologist" can be submitted to:
Human Resources Manager, County of Vermilion River
912-50 Avenue, Box 69
Kitscoty, AB T0B 2P0