Chestermere offers a unique employment experience. Every position offers a diverse portfolio enabling our staff to build a broad professional profile and gain an expanded set of knowledge in their role. The City offers alternative work arrangements, additional recognized holidays, a strong mental health focus, various training and tools for professional development and a strong recognition program.
Are you interested in being an integral part in carrying our beautiful City forward to a bright future? Are you looking to share your innovations and make an impact? If this sounds like you, let’s meet!
The City is currently seeking a fulltime (37.5 hours per week) Infrastructure Engineer to join our dynamic team. As a member of the Community Growth and Infrastructure team, the Infrastructure Engineer provides senior technical, analytical and operational support to engineering functions in support of the municipality’s overall operations and development.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Provide technical, municipal and business expertise and advice in the conceptualization, development, implementation, monitoring, and continuous improvement of subordinate areas:
- Provide engineering support for the ongoing operation of the water, sanitary and stormwater systems.
- Civil Engineering functions, e.g., analysis and coordination related to municipal utility services, and assist in management of workflows and related documentation.
- Review of engineering drawings and associated technical reports, e.g., design review with other technical staff including external consultants, utility owners and operators, and other stakeholders; ensure design standards are achieved and development adheres to the City’s master planning and servicing; review construction drawings, storm water management, geotechnical and environmental impact reports, and provide engineering review comments; participate in the City’s field inspections including CCC/FAC of municipal improvement for compliance with approved design
- Undertake critical assessment of operation data, consultant reports, and best management practices to develop the implementation of City infrastructure that meets the community’s values and short- and long-term needs.
- Provide technical knowledge and project management on projects in water distribution, sanitary and storm sewer, lift station, site grading, drainage and municipal approval, etc.
- Supporting the mentoring of junior engineers and civil engineering technologists.
Consideration will be given to candidates who possess:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline.
- 7+ years of progressive municipal engineering experience.
- Project management experience considered an asset.
- Maintenance of membership/certification with an Alberta professional engineering association, i.e., APEGA.
- P. Eng. Designation or equivalent.
- PMP Designation will be an asset
- Clear Criminal Record Check deemed satisfactory by the City.
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver’s License and a Driver’s Abstract deemed satisfactory by the City.
A detailed job description can be viewed at www.chestermere.ca/jobs
The City appreciates receiving resumes from all qualified individuals, however only those applicants who are short-listed for an interview will be contacted.
As Alberta’s fastest growing municipality, the City of Chestermere has rapidly evolved from a charming summer village into a dynamic lakeside community for over 20,000 residents. The beautiful lake, excellent schools, safe communities, pleasant neighbourhoods, growing opportunities, and an 18-hole golf course all contribute to the ambiance of a family friendly oasis. Chestermere is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Submit a cover-letter and resume referencing Job Competition 2020- Infrastructure Engineer by 4:00 pm, Monday January 20, 2020 to:
City of Chestermere
105 Marina Road
Chestermere, Alberta, T1X 1V7
Attention: N Kaur
Fax: (403) 204-7681