The Municipal District of Taber is currently seeking a candidate to fill the full-time, permanent position of Infrastructure Program Manager.
This position is accountable to, and works under the supervision of the Director of Public Works, with considerable latitude for independent judgement and action.
As a key member of our team you will have the following qualifications:
- Review engineering plans, tender documents, change orders, progress payments and other project documentation to ensure project success.
- Ensure contract and regulatory compliance for all projects assigned and undertaken.
- Liaise with provincial and federal government departments, contractors, engineers and the general public as necessary to ensure open communication and cooperation.
- Collaborate with municipal staff, engineers, cooperating partners and other stakeholders in the preparation and review of infrastructure construction including proposals, location, plans, designs, budgets and work quantities for infrastructure projects, and to coordinate use of necessary municipal resources.
- Provide technical support in road construction works undertaken by M.D. crews and private contractors hired by the municipality.
- Spatial data collection in relation to all M.D. infrastructure and providing recommendations to administration.
- Under the direction of the Director of Public Works, act as the municipal project manager for all infrastructure rehabilitation and new construction performed by private external forces.
- Provide quality advice, support and assistance to the CAO, other Directors and Council with respect to project selection, design, estimation, implementation for infrastructure construction and rehabilitation.
- Advanced survey skills
- Work is performed primarily out-of-doors involving moderate risks, discomfort or unpleasantness therefore, candidate must be physically able to perform duties pertinent to operations.
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Must possess a Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a Municipal/Public Works setting; or environmental/ private contracting.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in the supervision and repairs of road and infrastructure construction.
- Familiarity in the operation and maintenance of light and heavy construction equipment.
- Valid Class “5” Driver’s License required. Drivers Abstract must be provided.
The Municipal District of Taber offers a progressive workplace culture that encourages leadership and learning, including opportunities for professional development to improve your existing knowledge and passion for public service; and competitive wages with an excellent employee benefit program and LAPP pension.
Interested individuals are invited to submit a resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Resumes will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found; however, applications will be reviewed commencing on October 26, 2020.
We thank all applicants; however only those invited for an interview will be personally contacted.