The Town of Morinville is a growing community on the doorstep of Metro Edmonton. Developed on a foundation of rich heritage and culture spanning 100+ years, it offers an excellent quality of life with convenient access to all nearby big city amenities while retaining the characteristics of a vibrant and flourishing centre for the surrounding rural community.
The Administration of the Town of Morinville prides itself on building on the rich heritage in creating a lasting legacy for Morinville, and does so with service, integrity, and commitment at the heart of our work. We are seeking a full time Infrastructure Projects Coordinator who will deliver on such a legacy through their work as we enter an exciting time of transformation and change. As a member of the Community and Infrastructure Services team, the successful candidate will spend the majority of their time developing, coordinating, maintaining and monitoring the Town’s individual, annual, and recurring infrastructure projects and programs. They will also work closely with the Planning and Economic Development Department and Financial Services to maintain the asset management program.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Responsible for creating the infrastructure project management framework in collaboration with senior management.
- Provides coaching, assistance, and advice on project management best practices to Council, management, and staff.
- Provides project management expertise and advice in the development, implementation, monitoring, and continuous improvement of project management across the Administration.
- Assists with the administration of the Town’s asset management program, related activities, operations, and support.
- Provides coaching, assistance, and advice on infrastructure management best practices to management and staff.
- Work in coordination with Planning and Economic Development GIS to map out all Town assets.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Commerce, Economics, Engineering, Public Administration, Geographic Information Systems, Information Systems or other related discipline with 4 years of progressive and related experience related to municipal infrastructure management, OR a technical diploma in a related discipline with 5 years of progressive and related experience related to public/private sector infrastructure asset management
- 4+ years of proven project management experience with the intent to become PMP certified OR PMP certified (preferred).
- Proficiency in ArcGIS and SQL relational databases will be considered an asset.
- Experience in a small urban or rural municipality setting and asset/project management would be an asset.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently to meet deadlines.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
Compensation: Salary Range of $76,900—91,823 (7 Step Grid), based on a 35 hour work week. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including Pension, Professional Development opportunities along with a supportive work environment.
Application Deadline: 12:00 pm, January 29, 2021
Please submit resumes by the above noted deadline; however, resumes will be accepted until the position has been filled.
The Town of Morinville thanks all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit applications quoting “COMP #202101—IPC” to:
Town of Morinville
Morinville, AB T8R 1L6