Lamont County is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Public Works, this position is responsible for the direct supervision, scheduling, and implementation of road maintenance functions including the gravel program, winter snowplowing, sanding operations, culvert repair, signage and road maintenance construction.
The Infrastructure Supervisor manages the road maintenance staff including truck drivers, equipment operators, grader operators, and labourers. They will ensure that health & safety, in-service training, performance management, and County policies are being enforced. This position will coordinate road maintenance operations with our Infrastructure Technologist.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- 10+ years supervisory experience in rural roads maintenance and construction practices.
- Strong working knowledge of municipal public works is an asset.
- High school diploma or GED at minimum.
- Proficient computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise and provide positive leadership to staff.
- Maintain courteous relations with rate payers, agencies, contractors, council.
- Light and heavy-duty equipment operating skills.
- Working after hours and emergency call-outs required from time to time.
Lamont County is committed to protecting the health and safety of its employees, all personnel are governed by the County’s Health & Safety Program. A clean driver’s abstract and criminal record check are requested as a pre-condition upon employment.
This position is based on a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday. Lamont County offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit package and participation in the Local Authorities Pension Plan. This competition will remain open until a successful candidate is found.
Lamont County thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. All resumes are retained on file for a period of 6 months.
Please forward your application in one of the following ways: