Lamont County is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our team. Reporting to the Director of Public Works, this position will provide basic civil engineering design and construction management support for in-house maintenance activities such as surveying & drafting proposed works, materials selection, road strengthening and culvert renewal, gravel pit management, and managing outsourced construction activities.
Responsibilities will also include assisting with on-site supervision as a project manager, records management, and assisting with third-party contract preparation and contractor supervision as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Certified Engineering Technologist (C.E.T) designation.
- 5+ years supervisory experience in rural roads maintenance and construction practices.
- Strong working knowledge of municipal public works is an asset.
- Experience in work-site traffic accommodation management.
- Knowledge of transportation design and construction engineering.
- Knowledge of testing soils, gravel, concrete, and asphalt materials.
- Microsoft Office Suite application, intermediate level.
- Holds strong communication skills with internal and external stakeholders (rate payers, council).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise and provide positive leadership to staff.
Lamont County is committed to protecting the health and safety of its employees, all personnel are governed by the County’s Health & Safety Program. A clean driver’s abstract is requested as a pre-condition upon employment.
This position is based on a 40 hour work week, Monday through Friday. Lamont County offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefit package and participation in the Local Authorities Pension Plan. This competition will remain open until January 22nd, 2021 at 4:00 pm.
Lamont County thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. All resumes are retained on file for a period of 6 months.