Saddle Hills County is situated in the Central Peace Region of northwestern Alberta along the southern banks of the Peace River. With a population of 2,288 and a land area of over 5,800 km2, the County has a diverse agricultural community and deposits of natural gas and oil.
The oil and gas industry plays an important role in the region and helps to create a progressive and growing economic base. The Agricultural community produces a variety of crops including pulses, cereals, canola, legumes as well as livestock including cattle, bison, elk, goats and sheep.
The County’s strategic location provides easy access to three major airports: Grande Prairie, Fort St. John and Dawson Creek. Recreational opportunities abound for those who enjoy the outdoors.
Saddle Hills County maintains a network of high quality CSA certified towers, which can accommodate multiple service providers. It is an open market and technology neutral model where wireless service providers including private enterprise may become tenants on the towers without having to invest in the tower infrastructure. The County’s IT team is involved in maintaining and growing this network.
The Primary responsibility for this position is the ongoing support, evaluation, maintenance and operation of the County’s communications network. This includes, but is not limited to: site inspections, radio equipment maintenance and troubleshooting, backup power maintenance and troubleshooting and other related tasks as needed as well as the planning, implementation and operation of all external network connectivity. This includes but is not limited to water treatment operations, fire halls, wireless communication equipment.
The IT Coordinator - Technical Services Specialist works closely with the IT Coordinator – Systems Support Specialist to provide network administration and systems management services for the County, including computer support to all departments in the areas of software and hardware, and multi-facility connectivity management. Each position will have areas of responsibility and duties that will be coordinated with one another. This includes the planning and development of special projects as needed.
- Minimum High School Diploma.
- Two years of college-level coursework in electronics, computer science or a related field.
- Two years of general computer installation, maintenance and repair experience.
- Combinations of experience and education sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the responsibilities described above may be considered.
- Pay close attention to detail, accurately capture, retain and relay information.
- Work in fast-paced environment, prioritize and manage multiple work tasks to achieve deadlines.
- Function as a member of a team and ability to work independently with minimal supervision while staying committed to customer service.
- Interact well with and respond to enquiries from management, council, other staff, contractors and the public.
- Must have a valid class 5 driver’s license, be able to provide an acceptable driver’s abstract and a satisfactory criminal record.
- Must have or be willing to obtain First Aid certificate.
This position reports to the Director of Planning & Information Service. 8 Step Annual Salary Grid $91,319 – $114,149. Excellent Group Benefits Package offered.
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found. Saddle Hills County would like to thank all those interested in the position. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted. Please send resumes in confidence to:
Saddle Hills County
Spirit River, AB T0H 3G0
E-mail to: email@example.com
Fax: (780) 864-3904 Ph. (780) 864-3760