ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Legislative Services Officer, the Legislative Assistant is responsible to provide administrative support to the Legislative Services Department including the Legislative Services Officer and the Records Management/FOIP Clerk. This position provides administrative support for the Policy Review Committee, Subdivision and Development Appeal Board, Election and Census, as well as records management and FOIP support.
- Take on various projects, as assigned by the Legislative Services Officer.
- Provide Administrative Support for the Policy Review Committee.
- Coordinating meeting preparations and supporting, attending, and documenting proceedings.
- Draft and prepare correspondence, policies and bylaws, and other documents.
- Preparing a variety of documents and reports for closed session and public meetings.
- Assist with records management program.
- Assist with FOIPP requests.
- Assist with respect to various statutory requirements relating to the processing of bylaws, including posting of notices and public hearings.
- Act as Clerk to the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board and other quasi-judicial boards as required.
- Assist with municipal census as required.
- Act as Deputy Returning Officer in Municipal Elections and assist in Elections as required.
- Administrative Support to Council and Council Committee Meetings, including agenda preparation and minute taking, when required.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Political Science or an administrative field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Information and Records Management Certificate and FOIP Certificate.
- SDAB Clerk Training.
- Working knowledge of Municipal Government Act, FOIPP Act, administrative tribunals, municipal bylaws, rules of order, procedural fairness, records management and other municipal processes.
- 3 or more years of related experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of FOIP protocols.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality in dealing with sensitive information.
- Attention to detail with the ability to multitask.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships.
- Knowledge of bylaws, policies and municipal processes.
- Ability to recognize and adapt to changing priorities.
- Research and analytical skills.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with senior management, supervisor, and Council.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT:
- Extensive use of computer and telephone.
- Long periods of sitting, good lighting, temperature and noise control.
- Minimal physical effort; occasional light lifting.
- Normal working day consists of 7.5 hours; however occasional overtime may be required.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- All personnel working at the Municipal District of Greenview are governed by the Municipal District Health & Safety Policy.
- Ensures all operations are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with Municipal District Policies and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
- Ensure proper ergonomic requirements are met and good ergonomic procedures are practiced.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
Interested candidates may submit cover letter (stating the position you are applying to) and resume in one of the following ways:
By E-mail: email@example.com (please quote the position in the subject line)
Mail or Drop Off:
Municipal District of Greenview No. 16
4806 – 36 Ave., Box 1079
Valleyview, Alberta T0H 3N0
Confidential Fax: 780-524-3981