The City of Spruce Grove is a fast growing, dynamic city committed to building and maintaining a fiscally responsible community that serves our residents, attracts visitors and promotes future growth. Through the actions of the Shared Principles, innovation is encouraged; communication and learning are continuous in this team environment while maintaining a positive work and family life balance.
This position is responsible to support the Council Governance Process for all Council and Committee of the Whole Meetings. The incumbent provides administrative support to the City Clerk's Office by implementing departmental information management activities, preparing templates, reports and correspondence, and supporting departmental initiatives. This position reports to the City Clerk.
This is a full-time temporary position until December 23, 2019 with the possibility of extension.
Council Governance Process
- Coordination, preparation and distribution of Council and Committee of the Whole Meeting Agendas
- Provide support to the electronic meeting management process
- Perform Recording Secretary duties for Council and Committee of the Whole Meetings
- Preparation and distribution of Council and Committee of the Whole Meeting Minutes
- Maintain Council Chambers and collaborate with Information Services to ensure all audio visual and electronic systems are kept in a serviceable condition
- Liaise with delegations providing presentations to Council
- Respond to questions from Administration and the public with respect to the process and the provision of information
- Troubleshoot electronic devices and provide user training with respect to the electronic agenda process for Council
- Assist in providing agenda help desk assistance
- Troubleshoot issues that arise
Information Management and Office Administration
- Process, track, and disseminate approved legislation to the organization
- Provide support to implement department level information management activities
- Communicate department information management business requirements to the Department Record Coordinator
- Support the information management requirements of the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board, ensuring files are created and contain all relevant and supporting documents
- Draft and prepare reports, memorandums, letters, templates and other documents
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies and other requirements
- Prepare and review correspondence and Request for Decisions (RFDs) for the City Clerk's Office
- Assist in the coordination and implementation of City Clerk's Office initiatives and special projects as required
- Coordinate Subdivision and Development Appeal Board meetings; ensure that meals are ordered, meeting rooms are booked and properly equipped to ensure that meetings run smoothly, and that follow up occurs from action items arising from meetings
- Under the direction of the SDAB Clerk, prepare and distribute all legislated Notices of Hearing and Notices of Decision, agendas and records of hearings
- Test audio visual and electronic systems prior to meetings to ensure proper working condition
- Attend hearings; act as recording secretary, ensure presentation materials are available, collect exhibits and ensures that submissions are provided to Board Members and affected parties
- Post-secondary Certificate or Diploma in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Two (2) to Three (3) years related experience.
- Certificate in local government studies an asset.
- Ability to work occasionally in the evening to attend meetings.
Visit our website at www.sprucegrove.org for a full job description and more information about the City of Spruce Grove.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.