The Town of Athabasca is currently seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to assume the responsibilities of the Legislative Services Coordinator.
This is a permanent, full time position serving as a confidential aide and providing support to Town Administration and Town Council. The successful applicant will be involved with the research and preparation of required documents, agendas, minutes and reports. They will also be responsible for special projects as directed by Town Administration.
The successful applicant will have secretarial experience, a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, as well as a good working knowledge of office procedures and protocol.
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
The Legislative Services Coordinator, is responsible for all aspects of council and administrative secretarial duties. Be responsible for public communication.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare the Council agendas, public and special hearings, attend meetings, take minutes and ensure follow-up correspondence is completed;
- Prepare Agenda Packages for Municipal Planning Commission, Public Works Committee and the Regional Municipal Climate Action Committee, attend those meeting and take minutes; follow up with correspondence as required;
- Communicate with various Committees, Commissions and Societies and provide council with their schedule, agendas and minutes;
- Draft correspondence and memos for Administration;
- Schedule attendance of conferences, workshops and meetings on behalf of Council and Administration;
- Maintain the Council & Public Works Action Item List;
- Coordinate Council events as required;
- Provide information and conduct research as requested by Administration and Council;
- Monitor, and ensure Bylaws and Policies are available to the Public through the website and, that Bylaws are filed appropriately;
- Track bylaw and policy readings and amendments. Maintain bylaw and policy registry and reference binders.
- Assist Development Officer with the procedures for Rezoning Bylaws (letters, notifications, decisions etc);
- Monitor and ensure all Town Agreements are signed and filed appropriately;
- Accept and forward all grant requests to the Community Grant Committee and follow up with correspondence accordingly;
- Develop advertisements for the Athabasca Advocate, Facebook, and website;
- Maintain website by updating information regarding various events, agendas and minutes, RFPs, e-edition of the Town’s newsletter;
- Daily deposits to ATB Bank;
- Reception, switchboard and cashier duties as required;
- Opening and distribution of town emails;
- Maintain the administration filing system;
- In order to better serve the Town, partake in continuing education through university courses, seminars and workshops as well as other directly related Professional Association Education Sessions.
- Perform all other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to:
Town of Athabasca
4705 – 49 Avenue
Athabasca AB T9S 1B7
Attention: Human Resources
Successful candidates will be required to submit a criminal record check.
The position will be filled once a suitable applicant is found. Please note that only those people to be interviewed will be contacted, however we thank all applicants for their interest.