Parkland County has a permanent, full-time Manager, Business Solutions position available within the Information Services Department. Under the general supervision of the Chief Information Officer (CIO), the Manager, Business Solutions provides leadership and management of the County’s Geographic Information Systems (GIS), Information Technology Services (ITS) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems, which includes overseeing all aspect of program development, implementation, and evaluation. The scope of this position includes managing a team of technology professionals that deliver business solutions and maintain enterprise GIS/ERP systems. This position is responsible for setting short term goals and creating long-term vision in accordance with the County’s Strategic Plan in addition to setting project priorities, developing and managing a multi-year budget, designing GIS/ERP architecture, conducting business analysis, ensuring technical training is received and delivered, providing exceptional customer support and continually searching for innovative technical advances.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Information Systems, Computer Sciences or other related discipline is required. Business Analysis, Project Management, Change Management, Leadership, Business Relationship Management, GISP or ESRI Certification would be desirable.
- A minimum of 6 years of experience managing applications and data management platforms along with direct supervision of staff.
- Knowledge of Cloud environments, Dynamics AX, GIS/ESRI software and AZURE.
- Proven experience in planning, organizing and completing projects along with considerable experience being accountable for processes and budgets.
- Possession of a valid Alberta driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
Rate of Pay: Competitive salary to be commensurate with education and experience.
Hours of Work: 7 hours/day; 35 hours/week
Competition Closing Date: Friday, September 13, 2019 at 4:30 p.m.
Benefits: Extensive benefits are offered including an option to join our Earned Day Off Program.
- Interested candidates are invited to apply on our website at https://www.parklandcounty.com
- Parkland County has a nepotism policy in effect which limits the consideration of employees’ relatives for employment. Please contact Human Resources for further information on this policy (including the definition of a relative under this policy).
- For further information on our organization, please visit www.parklandcounty.com
- We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. The personal information submitted pursuant to this advertisement is being collected under the authority of the Municipal Government Act and will be used for Parkland County employment opportunities only. The personal information that you provide may be made public, subject to the provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.