Come work with us! The City of Beaumont is seeking a strategic and experienced communications and marketing professional to join our dynamic team! Our City offers an opportunity to make a positive and dynamic difference in the community! We are a forward thinking organization focused on continuous improvement, innovation, and exceptional customer service. We are Alberta’s newest City and we are aspiring to redefine what a City can be. Our Beaumont team is collaborative, professional, fun, and passionate about supporting the vision of a growing, vibrant, and spirited community. We aren’t afraid to take risks!
If you want to work in a fast-paced working environment and have a desire to create and deliver a plan to increase our brand and reputation, we want to hear from you! We are seeking someone who is a relationship builder and has the ability to unite a new team and deliver on an exciting strategic plan. Reporting to the Director - Economic Development and Communications, this position will be responsible for strategically developing, implementing, maintaining and monitoring Beaumont’s communications and marketing strategies and programs. The Manager, Communications and Marketing also will lead a dynamic team of professionals.
Key Areas of responsibility include:
- Strategically develop and implement an annual strategic communication and marketing plan in accordance with Beaumont’s strategic plan, objectives and priorities.
- Build strong working relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders across the organization and the region to implement communications and engagement solutions that are aligned, strategic and innovative
- Consistently look for ways to partner with organizations to increase the brand and reputation of our City.
- Build a strong and consistent brand presence both internal and external to the organization
- Manage/oversee the day-to-day operations and provide leadership and supervision to the team
- Write consistently in an influential and creative style. Connect communication messages across vehicles to influence and ensure consistency and reinforcement of critical messages. Edit for style, consistency and fluidity
- Provide expert advice/best practices and counsel to senior leadership and Elected Officials including the development, implementation and evaluation of effective communications approaches for projects mitigation of emerging and potential internal/external issues and ensuring messages are clear and consistent
- Promotes an integrated communications approach across the organization by developing and maintaining communication channels for internal communication and to provide departments within Beaumont the tools and resources necessary to ensure clear and effective communication
- Assist in the development of a crisis communications plan for our community and surrounding area.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications/Public Relations/Marketing/Journalism or another relevant field
- 7 years managing communications resources, including internal and external relationships
- Proven experience with strategic communication planning, problem analysis/identification, messaging strategy, corporate communications, public relations, content development, social media and project management
- Accreditation with the IABC, CPRS or NAGC is an asset
- International Association of Public Participations (IAP2) certification or equivalent is preferred
- Superior writing, editing and proofreading skills are essential
- Solid knowledge of current marketing trends and public relations practices.
- Understanding of municipal government as well as other levels of government
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, Website and Social Media platforms
This position offers a salary range of $85,886 - $112,061 (starting salary is negotiable within this range based on suitable experience and qualifications), a competitive benefits package, and a 35-hour work week. If you think you are the one we are searching for, please submit your cover letter and resume, indicating the Job ID number 2019-43 in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 22, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.