Parkland County is a vibrant and diverse community located just west of Edmonton. With a stunning natural landscape and a vibrant agricultural community, the County has evolved into a visitor’s paradise with a year-round population of approximately 30,000.
Under the direction of the Director, Financial Reporting, the Manager, Finance – Capital is responsible for all aspects of tangible capital assets including financial reporting, grant administration, revenue recognition, and tracking of asset projects. As well, they will act as a support to departments and will be responsible for all aspects of staff management for their direct report. The Manager, Finance – Capital will recommend improvements to processes, policies and programs based on analysis, information management, and resource needs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A post-secondary under-graduate degree in accounting, commerce or a related field. An Accounting Diploma from a recognized institute will also be accepted (equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered).
- A Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) designation.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in a progressively senior and related position, including direct supervision of staff.
- An in-depth knowledge of GAAP and applicable legislation to ensure that County processes and systems remain in compliance.
- Experience in the areas of Public Sector Accounting Standards, the Municipal Government Act, financial reporting, and forecasting processes and techniques.
Please note that this role is a separate role from our other Parkland County role.
Please submit you resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.