Exciting opportunity to lead and further the economic and business interests of Strathcona County and Alberta’s Industrial Heartland!
As the Manager, Industrial Development, you will lead the industrial portfolio under the Economic Development and Tourism Strategy and Business planning. You would work closely with senior executives and council to prepare reports, updates on general industrial development and other related areas.
- Provide business consultation and information for industrial development in Strathcona County
- Encourage new growth and expansion of existing industrial development with the County
- Facilitate investment attraction into current and future Strathcona County industrial areas
- Analyze gaps, opportunities, market place forces and factors for qualifying prospects, retention and expansion efforts, policy and bylaw development
- Ensure key performance indicators and other metrices, maintenance and reporting is developed
- Liaise with various groups to further the economic and business interest of Strathcona County and of Alberta’s Industrial Heartland and the Province of Alberta
- Coordinate and support special corporate initiatives and projects that further the interests of the department and the economic strategy of the County
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage diverse business development activities identifying current and future challenges
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills along with the ability to inspire confidence and trust with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong strategic and analytical capabilities with the ability to apply knowledge of public and private economic development techniques and resources to complex issues
- Strong leadership and management skills with the ability to coach and mentor
- Possess strong personal integrity, ethical conduct and political acumen
- University Degree in Business or a related field with a minimum of 10 years of experience in economic development
- Knowledge of energy sector, specifically petrochemical processing, oil and gas and manufacturing
- Knowledge of global trends, economic development history of the region and industrial development practices is an asset
- Demonstrated progressively responsible industrial development and management experience
Conditions of Employment
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s licence and access to a personal vehicle with personal business insurance
- Evening and weekend work may be frequently required along with some travel
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered. In addition to providing a dynamic working environment, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
Competition number: 001-2020-EXT-EDT
Closing date: 01/26/2020
Job type: Permanent Full-time
Department: Economic Development and Tourism
Pay range: $58.72 to $73.41 per hour ($106,870 to $133,606 per year)
Hours: 35 hours per week
Shortlisted candidates will be required to provide proof of educational and professional credentials as noted in the resume
To apply, please go to: https://www.strathcona.ca/council-county/careers/opportunity/001-2020-ext-edt/
A cover letter must be submitted along with a resume describing the interest in this position.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #001-2020-EXT-EDT closes January 26, 2020
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.