Come work with us! Employment with the City of Beaumont offers an opportunity to make a positive difference in the community! We are a forward thinking organization focused on continuous improvement, innovation, and exceptional customer service. We are Alberta’s newest City and we are aspiring to redefine what a City can be. Our Beaumont team is collaborative, professional, and passionate about supporting the vision of a growing, vibrant, and spirited community.
Are you passionate about creating positive change and ensuring that municipal infrastructure is well maintained and operating efficiently? If yes, then we want you on our team! Reporting to the Director Operations, this position will be responsible for strategic and operational decisions pertaining to: Water & Wastewater, Facilities, Roads & Drainage, Fleet and Parks. The successful candidate will focus on processes and planning, problem solving, and dealing with emergent concerns. This role requires an active, engaged leader who can motivate and lead a diverse team as well as develop positive relationships with various user / stakeholder groups.
Our ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker, relationship builder and someone who is adaptable and works well under pressure with minimal supervision.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Provide management, leadership, and supervision to the team
- Manage planning, construction, maintenance, and repair of all utilities, waste management transfer stations, and water management projects
- Manage planning, construction, maintenance, and repair of all the City buildings
- Manage planning, construction, proactive maintenance, and repair of all the organization's infrastructure and the respective operations; this includes: road network, associated infrastructure, signs and traffic signals
- Oversee the service delivery for roads, sidewalks, bridges and culverts, storm sewers, roadside ditches; winter control; storm water management; roadway safety signage, devices and markings
- Oversee preventative maintenance plans, fleet management plans, guidelines, standard operating procedures and other related documents
- Develop short and long-term business plans for infrastructure and service levels to properly maintain the City’s infrastructure
- Liaise with internal and external sources in the planning, development, maintenance and use of City’s parks and green spaces
- Develop and oversee Parks’ operational policies, standards, procedures and preventative maintenance programs
- Budget preparation, contract administration and project management
- Participation on (as required) the Alberta Capital Region Wastewater Commission Technical Advisory Committee and the Capital Region Southwest Water Services Commission Technical Committee
- Build and maintain positive relationships with stakeholders locally and in the region
As the ideal candidate, you have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering with a P. Eng. designation combined with 5 years of related experience or a Civil Engineering Technologist diploma with 7 years of related experience
- Previous supervisory/leadership experience
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to balance multiple projects and priorities to bring projects to completion using sound judgement and initiative
- Extensive knowledge of the provincial policies and federal regulations for all municipal infrastructure
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation, communication (both oral and written) and conflict resolution skills
- Proficient in MSOffice Suite Programs which includes Excel, Word, Outlook; experience in Cityworks would be an asset
- Practical knowledge and understanding of Municipal policies, procedures and processes as well as a working knowledge of water, wastewater, drainage, infrastructure maintenance and construction management.
- Experience with municipal finance and the budgeting process
- Ability to mediate and problem solve multifaceted situations
This position offers a salary range of $85,886 - $112,061 (starting salary is negotiable within this range based on suitable experience and qualifications), a competitive benefits package, and a 35-hour work week. If you think you are the one we are searching for, please submit your cover letter and resume, indicating the Job ID number 2020 -16 in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 1, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.