The Municipal District of Bonnyville No. 87 invites applications for the position of Manager of Occupational Health & Safety. This position will be responsible to contribute to the safe work environment through promoting a safe workplace culture and leading health and safety awareness to reduce the number of incidents and injuries and ensure the health and safety management system is developed, implemented and maintained.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establish an occupational health and safety (OHS) management plan
- Design training plans and implementation of OHS initiatives
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and timely delivery of the health and safety budget.
- Maintain awareness of and adhere to the municipality’s (OHS) management system
- Provide OHS technical support to the municipality
- Coaching and mentoring OHS staff
- Manage the audit program to ensure that identified issues are integrated into the business and site OHS plans
- Ensure that the expectations are understood by all management and that the commercial OHS/ plans include these expectations
- Other related duties as required
- Bachelor's Degree at a minimum, Master's Degree preferred
- Hold an Alberta Municipal Health and Safety certification, National Construction Safety Officer and/or Canadian Registered Safety Professional designation is required
- Experience in a municipal setting would be beneficial
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a health and safety role
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a health and safety managerial role
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and public relation skills
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Hold a valid driver’s license in good standing
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher
Please visit http://www.md.bonnyville.ab.ca/jobs.aspx for a full job description.
All interested applicants are invited to submit their resume, in confidence to:
Municipal District of Bonnyville No. 87
Attn: Human Resources
Postal Bag 1010
Bonnyville, Alberta T9N 2J7
Fax: (780) 826-4524
Closing Date: Open until a suitable candidate is found.