Reporting to the Director of County Services, Thorhild County is seeking a suitable individual for a permanent position to carry out the following duties:
- Review and process development permit applications, plans and proposals;
- Oversee the processing of Safety Codes approvals under the Quality Management Plan and management of the contract with the County’s accredited service provider;
- Prepare, process and present statutory plans, Land Use regulations, and amendments to statutory plans and the Land Use Bylaw;
- Research and prepare presentations to Council, Municipal Planning Commissions and the public on land use planning matters;
- Review applications for subdivision approval including preparing and managing development agreements;
- Respond to inquiries and advise on a broad range of land use planning issues and processes from the public, external agencies and internal departments
- Assist with enforcement of planning regulations and responding to complaints;
- Assist with development proposals involving municipal owned lands.
- Post-secondary education in Land Use Planning or a related discipline and/or completion of an Applied Land Use Planning Certificate;
- A minimum of five (5) years’ municipal experience in land use planning;
- Extensive knowledge of the provincial legislation and the application of local municipal bylaws and policies;
- Demonstrated leadership skills in orienting, training, mentoring, and directing the work and assignments of planning and development staff;
- Identify and resolve problems relating to planning applications that may be unique and complex;
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings, Real Property Reports and site plans and perform mathematical calculations to independently determine compliance with bylaw requirements;
- Excellent customer service skills with the objective of balancing the needs of stakeholders with the interests of the municipality;
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, oral, written and presentation communication skills with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Proven problem solving, negotiating and conflict resolution skills;
- A positive and approachable attitude complimented with a strong work ethic and ability to work on multiple files simultaneously;
- Proficient in Excel and Word Programs are essential;
- Possess a valid Class 5 driver’s license;
- Successful candidate will be required to provide a Criminal Record Check with a Driver’s abstract.
This position is based on a 40 hour work week. Thorhild County has a comprehensive benefit program. Current employees of the Thorhild County fulfilling the requirements essential to this position shall be considered for this position. Salary to commensurate with experience.
Position will remain open until suitable candidate is hired.
Please forward resumes to:
Laurie Andrushchyshyn, Payroll & Personnel Manager
We thank all applicants, however, only those individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.