Reporting to the Executive Director of Community Development Services, The Manager provides leadership, coordination, collaboration and direction to ensure that services are provided to senior management, employees, residents, and stakeholders in a timely, accurate, effective and efficient manner. The Manager participates in strategic planning, identifies budget requirements, and manages personnel requirements, issues, and concerns.
The Manager of Planning and Development Services provides leadership, coordination, collaboration, and direction to all planning and development services employees.
- Develop and monitor the departmental budget, providing for flexible, effective, efficient, and cost effective services.
- Make recommendations regarding operating budget, workload, employee resources, minor and capital purchases, and space allocation.
- Regularly report departmental progress on key performance indicators, metrics, and strategic objectives to the Executive Leadership Team and Council.
- Participates in and project manages department projects as required.
- Participate in the updating and/or implementing policies, procedures, guidelines, or protocols.
- Facilitate continuous quality improvement, changes, and responsiveness to service increases, changes, or decreases.
- Ensure required departmental representation on the Health and Safety Committee.
Leadership and People Management
- Establish and maintain a high level of employee performance through effective recruitment and selection, coordination of employee orientation and development opportunities, engagement, mentoring and coaching employees on performance, and disciplining, including employee termination.
- Promote, build, and support employee professional development, expertise, performance, on-boarding, and succession planning.
- Provide employees with adequate resources and work procedure training.
- Provide coverage during late Council sessions to ensure non-management employees do not exceed daily maximum hours as per Employment Standards.
- Conduct probationary and annual performance reviews and on-going feedback and coaching.
- Participate in the management of employee relations in conjunction with Employee Relations.
- Prepare for and attend regularly scheduled meetings of Council and committees as required.
- Liaise with members of intradepartmental committees involved in joint projects and initiatives.
- Actively participate during County emergency response situations.
- Participate in County elections and census as required; this may include contributing time to coordinate or man voting stations.
- Attend and participate in inter-jurisdictional meetings and activities on an ad-hoc basis.
- Perform duties, responsibilities, and authority of the Development Officer for the Development Authority, as delegated.
- Perform duties, responsibilities, and authority of the Subdivision Authority, as delegated.
- Act in a professional and responsible manner to protect the integrity of employees and the business of Rocky View County.
- Display a professional and ethical responsibility to protect privacy, use information appropriately, and maintain the confidentiality and security of all information related to employees, business, and residents of Rocky View County.
- Adhere to Health and Safety Legislation and Rocky View County safe work policies and procedures at all times, ensuring the protection and safety of self, co-workers, the public, and the environment.
- Act as the Executive Director in his/her absence as requested.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
Completion of a bachelor degree in a related field along with a minimum 10 years of progressively responsible and diversified experience in the field of planning and development.
- Requires demonstrated leadership, team building, and conflict resolution skills; business/technical writing skills; coaching and mentoring abilities; in addition to time management, organizational, problem solving, and decision making ability.
- Well-developed communication and interpretation skills, with the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access).
Interested applicants are invited to apply direct to www.rockyview.jobs. Applications are due by 10 pm MST on Sunday, July 26, 2020.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.