Welcome to the City of 100 Hellos! We are a welcoming and inclusive community and one of the most culturally diverse communities in Alberta, with a population of 14,451 and another 11,000 in the surrounding area.
The City of Brooks has an immediate opening for the position of Manager of Planning and Engineering Services. If you are a planning, development and engineering professional and enjoy working in a fast paced environment, then this is the job for you! As our new Manager of Planning and Engineering, you will be responsible for coordinating and administering all aspects of engineering, land use planning and development within the City of Brooks. Your planning and engineering vision will help guide the growth and development of our community for many years to come and we look forward to embarking on that journey together!
Job Details & Responsibilities:
As the successful applicant, you will ensure proper construction and infrastructure within the City by providing planning, development and engineering advice and technical support to staff, the public and private sectors. The successful applicant will provide efficient and effective support, site inspection, quality control and survey confirmation. You will also coordinate land use planning and subdivision and development applications.
- Completion of a Civil Engineering Technology (CET) Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institute;
- Degree in Urban Planning or related field with an emphasis on the application of Geographic Information Systems (GIS);
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years’ progressive experience in the applied field;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered;
- Class 5 Driver’s License; and,
- Knowledge of municipal engineering and construction practices, procedures and specifications.
Compensation & Benefits:
The City of Brooks offers a competitive salary and benefits package for this position. This is a full-time management position with typical working hours from Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
A clean criminal records check will be required before an offer of employment is presented to the successful applicant.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is chosen. The City of Brooks thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Brooks is an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply directly at: https://brooks.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=52