The Town of Stony Plain is currently recruiting a key member of our Planning and Infrastructure team for the position of Manager of Planning & Development. Reporting to the General Manager, Planning & Infrastructure, this position is accountable for coordinating and managing all items related to the Town’s municipal and inter-municipal planning, development and sustainability initiatives and requirements. Providing advice to Administration and Council on major decisions involving urban and regional planning issues are an integral component of the scope of duties. The Manager participates in strategic planning, identifies departmental budget requirements and manages personnel requirements, issues and concerns within the planning and development portfolio.
We are seeking a candidate who:
- Has a commitment to public service and is passionate about the community;
- Has extensive working knowledge of Land Use Bylaws, Municipal Development Plans and the Municipal Government Act;
- Has experience in government relations, supporting elected and appointed officials, and senior management;
- Has excellent knowledge and coordination of inter-municipal planning;
- Has highly developed organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills Has the ability to foster positive relationships with various stakeholders, both internal and external to the organization and within multi-disciplinary teams;
- Has proven experience in coaching, leading and developing a team.
- Post-Secondary Degree in Planning recognized by the Canadian Institute of Planners;
- Master’s Degree in Planning (considered an asset);
- Certificate in Business Administration or Public Administration (considered an asset).
- Minimum of 5 years’ related experience managing long-range and current planning programs;
- Supervisory experience (preferably in a Municipal setting);
- Member of the Canadian Institute of Planners and a registered professional planner with the Alberta Professional Planners Institute.
The Town offers an excellent benefit package including the Local Authorities Pension Plan, plus the option to participate in the Apex Supplementary Pension Plan. Based on a 35 hour work week, the salary range for this position is $101,133 - $128,669 (starting salary is negotiable within this range based on suitable experience and qualifications).
For full details and to apply, please visit our website www.stonyplain.com under "Careers".