The City of Medicine Hat has an exciting and challenging opportunity overseeing the public transportation system.
Reporting to the General Manager of Community Development, the Manager of Transit will be responsible for leadership, coordination, administration and facilitation of the public transportation system and services for our community. You will contribute to achieving the strategic direction of Transit services by leading and managing operational and financial planning, service coordination, supervision, quality assurance and improvement and performance management. You will help shape future service delivery, identifying opportunities to effectively and efficiently evolve public transportation in Medicine Hat.
As our ideal candidate, you have exceptional leadership, change management and communication skills and are able to build and develop strong working relationships both internal and external stakeholders. You are able to see the larger picture, which allows you to plan, make decisions, direct work and measure results. You have a general understanding of the principles and operational practices within a public transit system and have experience leading teams in a diverse and fast paced work environment. If you enjoy providing exceptional customer service and making a difference within the community you serve, then this opportunity may be for you.
- Bachelor's degree in Management, Business Administration, Engineering or a related field from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Seven (7) years' progressive work experience in a diversified municipal environment, including five (5) years' of supervisory experience.
- Experience working in a large diversified transit operation is an asset.
- Possess a valid Class 5 Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record.
- An equivalent combination of management approved training and education may be considered.
This position has been identified as Safety Sensitive and requires the completion of a satisfactory pre-employment drug screen.
Our organization offers a highly attractive total compensation package, including competitive salary, learning & development opportunities, and a great work environment, which provides excellent opportunities for professional growth.
The City of Medicine Hat strives to achieve its vision to be a “Community of Choice”; a place where people choose to live, work and play. The Medicine Hat advantage:
- Extensive Recreational Facilities
- Flourishing Cultural Community
- Low Utility Rates and Taxes
- Family Oriented Community
For more information, and to apply, please visit us at: www.medicinehat.ca/jobs
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.