Reporting to the Director of Development, Engineering, & Operations, the Manager of Utilities is responsible for managerial oversight of the Utilities Department which includes freshwater treatment and distribution, wastewater treatment and collection, and solid waste collection services. The Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating, and directing work assignments, providing staff training and support, developing logistics and strategies to ensure efficient use of monetary, equipment and materials resources, and providing input into capital and operating budgets.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
The position requires the following qualifications:
- Preference will be given to Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or Professional Technologist (P.Tech. or P.L.(Eng.)) with training and experience specific to water and wastewater systems.
- Five years of experience in working with water and wastewater systems.
- Three years management experience.
- Advanced proficiency with computer systems and software.
- General knowledge of municipal operations and enabling legislation.
- Class 5 Drivers License.
The following would be considered an asset:
- Certification(s) from Alberta Environment in Wastewater Collection, Wastewater Treatment, Water Distribution and/or Water Treatment.
- ICS 200.
For more information, please see the full job description at https://www.crowsnestpass.com/living-here/employment-opportunities-page/employment.
The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Apply via email to:
Kristin Ivey, Manager of Corporate Services