MultiRec Center Operations Supervisor
The MultiRec Centre Operations Supervisor is responsible for the supervision and coordination of seasonal and full-time crews and accomplishing various skilled tasks with one or more of the following: maintenance of the MultiRec Centre, which includes 2 arenas, field house, running track, common areas and parking lot.
Manager of Facilities and Parks
EMPLOYEES THAT REPORT DIRECTLY TO THIS POSITION:
MultiRec Centre/Parks Operators, seasonal staff and hired contractors
GENERAL DUTIES OF THIS POSITION:
Operational for MultiRec Centre
- Directs the efficient operation and maintenance of arena mechanical systems, by performing or overseeing plant room and ice surface monitoring and ensuring that it meets or exceeds acceptable standards and health regulations.
- Operate and maintain equipment as required.
- Assist the Manager of Facilities and Parks with plans and supervise the preventative maintenance schedule, ensuring that necessary repairs are noted and completed.
- Assist with the coordination offseason facility improvements, consulting and assisting with outside departments (maintenance, custodial, and clerical) and outside services and contractors.
- Assist Parks Operations when required.
- Assists department manager with the development and management of department(s) budgets.
- Tracks department(s) expenditures and related inventory, implements purchasing procedures, directs other staff concerning the appropriate use of supplies and equipment, and reports to management as required.
- Coordinates with other Town departments and other organizations, agencies, and vendors as necessary.
- Demonstrates initiative that supports the Town’s vision, mission, and value statements;
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of, and compliance with, the Town’s rules, policies, and procedures, as contained in the Town’s handbooks and manuals.
- Provide general department information and assistance plus solves routine problems for the public and other departments in regards to department operations & procedures through various communication methods.
- Communicate and work with recreation programing staff.
- Develops and maintains a positive and proactive customer services philosophy.
- Provides an excellent customer experience for customers & users
- Supervises department staff, including determining workloads and schedules, implementing and interpreting policies and procedures, evaluating staff, and making hiring and disciplinary recommendations.
- Ensure all staff is proficient on all equipment and with operating procedures.
- Delegates work assignments, provides work product oversight and corrects work deficiencies.
- Orientated and train staff.
- Conduct annual performance reviews.
- Attends conferences or training opportunities that are relevant to the positon within approved budgetary guidelines.
Health and Safety
- Oversees the MRC Health and Safety administration, maintenance and enforces safety regulations in order to ensure a safe environment for all patrons.
- Develops, implements, and maintains guidelines and procedures to support an effective and safe operation.
- Oversees and directs that all tasks and projects performed by employees, contractors, and facilitators, within functional area, are carried out within Occupational Health and Safety Standards, adequate Workers Compensation coverage, and other due diligence issues.
- Health and Safety: Must adhere to all safety standards under the Occupational Health and Safety Legislation, Town Policies and Procedures and WHMIS Guidelines. For specific responsibilities of this position, refer to the Town’s Health and Safety Policy, Section 2 – Responsibilities for CAO, Directors, Supervisors and Workers.
AUTHORITIES OF THIS POSITION:
- Make day-to-day routine decisions according to established policies and procedures and standard office practices.
- Use pleasant manner and sound judgment when dealing with the public and staff.
- Develop and maintain the department's clerical procedures.
- Assist permanent and temporary staff with issues requiring immediate attention or refer them to appropriate personnel.
- Exhibits discretion and confidentiality in the handling of organizational information / matters.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft office software.
- Excellent verbal, written and public relation skills.
- Well-developed interpersonal and leadership skills in dealing with staff, peers, and the public.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a team member and independently. Able to assist and support other staff and to facilitate a team environment through personal behavior, work conditions and the sharing of expertise and knowledge.
- Solid planning, organizing and problem- solving skills. Effective management, team building, leadership and supervisory strengths. Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer services.
- Good flexibility, self-initiative, independence, and organizational skills.
- Proven productivity and reliability.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS OF THIS POSITION:
- Minimum Grade 12 education, combined with Recreation Facility Management or equivalent Course work (Arena Operator Lever I and II, First Aid Certification, Ice Resurfacer Operations, Plant Room Mechanical Experience).
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role with regards to Arena Maintenance or other related fields.
- Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sectors Screening.
- First Aid and CPR.
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License.
Resumes will be accepted until 4:00 PM March 12, 2021
Send your resume to:
Town of Slave Lake
Human Resources Department
10 Main Street S.W., P.O. Box 1030
Slave Lake, AB T0G 2A0
Fax: (780) 849-2633