The 40,000 people who call Rocky View County home live in a diverse blend of rural, hamlet, and country residential communities on one million acres to the west, north, and east of Calgary. Our dedicated employees work with a variety of stakeholders to develop innovative and unique solutions for our complex municipality. To continue to enhance the quality of life in our communities, we seek individuals who thrive on challenges, who provide excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment, and whose positive energy enables the County to grow and prosper.
Under the direction of the Manager, Legal and Land Administration, the Municipal Lands Administrator is responsible for the administration and occupancy management of County lands, such as acquisitions of municipal and environmental reserve, and sales of fee simple and reserve parcel County lands. In addition, they lead the preparation of easement and occupation agreements such as leases, licenses of occupation, and/or access agreements.
- Dispose of corporate property including limited and specific acquisitions, leases, licenses of occupation, land donation and/or sale of County lands.
- Prepare assessments and appraisals of County lands specific to the qualitative, accountability, or financial value.
- Prepare utility right of way agreements, temporary access agreements, and/or easements located within County lands.
- Receive and respond to public inquiries pertaining to County lands.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures related to municipal lands administration in conjunction with the department manager.
County Lands and Occupancy
- Schedule, prioritize and organize County land inspections.
- Prepare documentation for further disposition or acquisition of County municipal and/or environmental reserves or fee simple lands.
- Prepare documentation for the occupation of County lands via license or agreement.
- Prepare and update status reports for tracking of all occupations and agreements, and monitor expiries.
- Conduct on-site inspections of County lands to ensure lands are in compliance with applicable Municipal, Provincial and/or Federal regulations and the terms of occupancy agreements.
- Manage all reported encroachments on County lands and initiate appropriate enforcement responses.
- Organize legal land surveys and related boundary identification.
- Assist with the preparation of memos, reports, and presentation material for community meetings, open houses, and information sessions.
- Support the Parks and Open Space Master Plan’s vision and recommendations with other departments in order to achieve quality and diverse open spaces for County residents.
- Assist in developing procedures and standards for data collection and integration.
- Prepare maps using cartographic principals.
- Perform spatial queries and analyses using a variety of GIS programs and relational databases.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
At least five years of surface land administration experience along with a diploma or certificate in Asset Management, Land Administration, or a related field are required. Previous local government experience is strongly preferred. Equivalent combinations of related education and experience may be considered.
- Strong knowledge of Alberta Land Titles system.
- Land Agent License preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and ESRI ArcGIS software.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and customer service skills both in person and on the phone with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Able to accurately interpret legal survey plans, development drawings, landscape plans, and legal land descriptions.
- Possess a good understanding of the Municipal Government Act and its regulations pertaining to land use planning and development of reserve lands.
- Demonstrate good organizational, time management, and planning skills.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate a strong ability to maintain a high standard of quality, accuracy, timeliness, and confidentiality.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and ability to foster a positive work environment.
- Possess a valid class 5 driver’s license and an acceptable driving record.
- Able to perform outside work requiring walking and bicycle riding in a variety of weather and environmental conditions (occasional).
Interested applicants are invited to apply direct to https://www.rockyview.ca/careers.
Applications are due by 10 pm MST on the closing date.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.