Position ID: J0321-0217
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Community Infrastructure
Number of Positions: 1
Min Salary: $67.48/Hour
Max Salary: $84.35/Hour
The City of Airdrie fosters a culture of accountability and values open dialogue, innovation and entrepreneurial spirit, collaborative relationships, learning, ownership, and encouraging the heart. We are searching for another team member who will help us get to the next level.
Water Services provides, operates, maintains, repairs and inspects the existing water distribution, sanitary collection, and stormwater conveyance systems to supply quality water and reliable collection of wastewater and storm runoff.
Roads provides a safe and efficient system that provides a variety of transportation choices to move people and goods in an economically and environmentally sustainable manner. Roads maintains roadways, sidewalks, medians, and curbs/gutters. This includes snow and ice control, spring clean-up/street cleaning and pavement markings.
Parks maintains, designs and develops public green spaces, outdoor recreational facilities, and ensures that the diverse parks systems are maintained to the highest standard to provide opportunities for active and passive leisure.
Transportation Training coordinates and facilitates safety orientations, safe work procedures and equipment training through effective learning initiatives and field inspections to ensure safe operation of equipment and compliance with Provincial legislation.
The City of Airdrie is seeking an Operations Manager to guide and lead our Water Services, Roads, Parks and Transportation Training teams. This is a highly visible, essential service delivery area that directly contributes to community health, mobility and quality of life.
Reporting to the Director of Community Infrastructure, your primary areas of responsibility will be:
- Ensuring that delivery of municipal services is undertaken in a responsive, safe, effective and efficient manner
- Developing business unit specific business plans, goals, schedules, budgets and operating models
- Ensuring that levels of service, asset lifecycles, performance metrics, operational costs and specific deliverables are documented and appropriately managed, including regular progress reporting
- Working collaboratively and productively with elected officials, advisory boards, community groups, internal departments, developers and regulatory boards and agencies
- Ensuring that operations are compliant with Federal, Provincial and Municipal regulations and legislation
- Being actively involved in matters pertaining to managing City infrastructure in a complex working environment, including preparation of reports and presentations to internal and external boards and stakeholders
- Facilitating the creation of master planning documents and following through on all aspects of implementation
- Coordinating a multi-disciplinary approach to civic infrastructure and development issues
- Coaching, mentoring and leading assigned staff
- A diploma or degree in a directly related field (eg. Business Administration, Engineering, technology discipline)
- Progressive supervisory and leadership experience of at least 10 years’ is a requirement
- Equivalencies, based on demonstrated comparable skills and experience, may be considered
- Experienced leader with the ability to inspire and motivate others
- Experience managing large departmental operating and capital budgets
- Management experience working with a board of directors or elected officials would be considered an asset
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, demonstrating tact and diplomacy in order to establish strong and successful working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Political sensitivity, conflict resolution abilities, and negotiation skills
- Ability to remain innovative and positive in times of imposed constraints and challenge
- Demonstrated ability to handle a variety of complex projects/tasks with competing priorities in a result-based environment
- Strong computer skills, easily able to navigate Microsoft Office suite, budget and other software programs (SharePoint experience would be an asset)
- Display a high degree of professionalism at all times with a high level of confidentiality, tact and diplomacy
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience with municipal government
Along with a competitive compensation program and City paid health and dental premiums, our employees also enjoy:
- Excellent health, dental, paramedical, and benefits plan
- Pension plan
- Career development and tuition reimbursement
- Employee discounts, gym membership, social events, and health & wellness initiatives
Continuous learning through training and development is encouraged as are flexible work arrangements, when possible. We recognize that our people work best when they feel engaged in their environment and appreciated for their efforts and our overall benefits package reflects that.
This full time position (37.5 hours per week) includes a comprehensive benefits and pension package.
Candidates are invited to apply online at www.airdrie.ca.