The Town of Pincher Creek is located East of the Canadian Rockies and provides a wonderful mix of rural and urban amenities. An outdoor enthusiast’s dream with the Rockies at your door step the possibilities are endless from hiking, fishing, wind surfing and skiing Pincher Creek has it all!
The Town of Pincher Creek fosters a team environment, recognizing the strengths of others. At the Town of Pincher Creek, we believe that mutual trust and respect, shared responsibility, and open communication are essential characteristics for creating personal success within a first class working environment.
The Town of Pincher Creek has an opening for a full time Operations/ Infrastructure Manager to supplement our ongoing focus in the delivery of operational services.
The Manager will support the Director of Operations in the development, implementation, and maintenance of the Long-Term Department Plan, 3 and 10-year Capital Plans. The Manager directly oversees operational staff and will provide direction, guidance and feedback to their team as they ensure the on time and on budget delivery of high profile and complex capital projects, and operational needs.
- Construction Engineering Technology Diploma (or a directly related program) may be considered in combination with more than the required years of experience.
- Professional designations/memberships with APEGA, ASET and/or the Project Management Institute.
- Significant knowledge of civil and municipal engineering works in a structured project management environment and the ability to utilize accepted and current project management doctrine (PMI) in a practical and dynamic public sector municipal setting.
- Excellent computer proficiency in terms of Microsoft Office suite, automated project management and estimating tools
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Basic Emergency Management / ICS 200
- Alberta Environment Small Systems certification.
- Good Understanding and delivery of Certification of Recognition (COR) Safety
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience or related training in successful management of staff
- Proficiency in Microsoft Applications, as well as engineering-related software.
- Familiarity with Geomatics Engineering Technology – a discipline which integrates gathering, modeling, analysis, management and presentation of spatially referenced data.
HOURS OF WORK
40 hours/week (Monday - Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm with a ½ hour lunch break).
Please note the incumbent must be able to work extended hours to meet deadlines and urgent requirements, especially during construction season.
The Town of Pincher Creek offers a generous and comprehensive benefit package and participates in the Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP).
Nature of Duties:
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the ideal candidate for this position will work with the Director of Operations to oversee Operational staff on day to day activities to ensure completion of related maintenance and Operational needs delivery to residents.
Interested applicants are invited to forward a summary of qualification and experience to the Town of Pincher Creek, Box 159, Pincher Creek, AB T0K 1W0 or email email@example.com
We wish to thank everyone who submits an application; however, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.